Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop away questions, need opinions esp... >

Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

Alright most of you guys know that I shoot an 04 Patriot SC. I have a couple of questions though. I haven't messed with the drop aways much at all. I have shot the MZE and I liked it but I don't really want to shoot one. Also, I bought the NAP 4000 when they first came out and I didn't really like it. A couple that I am seriously considering are the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter and the Drop Zone. I am especially interested in hearing from you Patriot shooters but I welcome all input. Thanks ahead of time!
1. So what drop away are you shooting?
2. Which ones have you owned? If you switched which one did you switch from and why?
3. Have you used this drop away on a Patriot 04 SC? If not what are you shooting it on?
Old 02-28-2005, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

I've used the Trophy Taker and the NAP 4000 and have killed deer with both. Both seemed to be good rests, but I could never tell any difference in accuracy. I eventually just went back with my old reliable Golden Key 3D Rover. With no improvements in accuracy, for me, I couldn't justify using the drop away, to many what if variables......
Old 02-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought a Drop Zone Guide Series for my 04' Patriot S/C. Fit and finish is great. I ran into one small problem with the guide series adjustments not being able to find perfect center shot, but I don't believe this is a problem with the non guide series rests. Trophy Ridge is sending me another that has been remachined and should have this problem fixed and it was free of charge. I have not shot it yet as it was just setup, however it is a quality piece and their customer service is second to none. I can update more when I get to shoot it and when I get the new bracket piece in later this week.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I eventually just went back with my old reliable Golden Key 3D Rover
That's what I did but I have the undeniable urge to fix something that isn't broke I get that in years that I don't buy a new bow[&:]
Old 02-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the MZE, Trophy Taker, Drop Zone and the NAP QT 4000. My favorite of those was the NAP 4000. It was pretty quiet, decent containment on and off the prongs, sturdy cable connection to the slide and accurate. I've since then been shooting a Trophy Taker on my new Bowtech since I needed to extended windage adjustment and the NAP does not offer that. I am really missing my NAP rest. While I feel the TT is extremely accurate, it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Way too noisy and a chore to get acceptable quietness out of and no Micro adjust. There can be better, more feature packed rest to be had.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Waiting on the cobra Diamondback to come into the shop.I,ll let you know what happens when it arrives.I was told it has enough adjustment,hope so
Old 02-28-2005, 09:57 AM

That's what I did but I have the undeniable urge to fix something that isn't broke I get that in years that I don't buy a new bow
I'm praying that bug won't bite me this year, I think I am finally happy with my setup. But, that is subject to change, even during mid-season [:'(][:@]
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muzzy,

Which ones are you thinking of?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:26 PM

My friend shoots the TT on his and has been happy with it. I think he is going with the VBG this year.

As for the DZ, I just havn't heard good stories as foar as durability goes.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:50 PM

I have shot the MZE, QT4000, Trapdoor, Gamedropper and the TT Shakey. I currently am using the TT Shakey on my Bowtech MM VFT but am not happy with it. Its too loud. My favorite was the MZE but I think I am going to try a Whisker Biscuit for hunting this year. I want a solid, quiet, good containment hunting rest. I think these drop aways are great for 3D but are they really that much better in hunting situations?

Quick Reply: Drop away questions, need opinions esp...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.