Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Saw the Cobra Diamondback in person >

Saw the Cobra Diamondback in person

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Saw the Cobra Diamondback in person

Old 02-25-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Saw the Cobra Diamondback in person

Hey guys tonight Muzzyman88 and I went to our local bowshop and low and behold they had one of the new Cobra Diamondback drop-away rests there. It is a very nice study rest, and very affordable at about $40. The design seems very nice with some nice adjustability built into the attachment cord. It also appears from my crude measurements that it WILL make the 1 7/8" centershot many are talking about on the new bowtechs. it will be stretched out but I am pretty sure it will make it. The teflon trophy taker shakey hunter style prongs are very nice and quiet. My only concern is if hunting in the extreme cold with this rest will the prongs get brittle and crack, also at quick glance the way the launcher attaches to the post is sort of suspect to me, but that was at first glance it may well be just fine. But for someone looking to save a few bucks on a solid drop-away rest, I personally think you can't beat it.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Saw the Cobra Diamondback in person

Cool looking rest eh PA.I just called my dealer on thursday nite and asked him if he can get one into his shop.He told me he was to make a phone call and should be in soon he hopes.He also said it should fit my 04 patriot riser.Next week im putting on my new strings and cables,stabilizer and hopefully my new drop-away rest.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme 1!

I'm waiting on my 2 new Stealth's to come and I've just recieved my new Axis S/T's in the mail.I think the prong's on the new Diamond back will be fine, since my MZE has a plastic hook on it and it work's fine in all sort's of weather condition's ,just add a little mole skin to it and I'm sure there will be no problem with it .Have you ever considered the MZE ,you wouldn't be disappointed it's a great rest and I think very highly of it ,it's easy to install, and tune as well.
I'm also waiting on some strings and cable's as well for my bow from a person on this site ,he's working on biulding string's and cable's and want's test them before he goes any further . I'll let you know how they work out .

nubo

John
Old 02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually john,I was getting a little ahead of myself.I said I was putting on my strings and cables next week which is true if I order them on monday,only take about 2-3 days to arrive I was told.I am going to give the Bowman strings a go,made out of Toronto.I was told they are as good as Winners Choice and alot cheaper.Goina run me about 70-80 bucks I imagine.
I have never seen the MZE on a bow before.Everyone shoots the TT and so on,I like the diamondback,maybe just to be a little different as well
I am going with the D2Doinker 7".
Is there a person I can contact about these strings and cables your getting made?

Has anyone tried the Diamondback yet?If so can I have a little feedback on it as well.Hopefully I wont have any problems with it in the cold.My Nap 3000 micro has been faithful but ready for a change.I like to play with new things as well