Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NO-Peep users past and present like or dislike >

NO-Peep users past and present like or dislike

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NO-Peep users past and present like or dislike

Old 02-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default NO-Peep users past and present like or dislike

I have tried a timberline NO-Peep once but I didn't give it much of a chance because it was so close to hunting season. Well this year I will be getting an early start and I am thinking of tring the NO-Peep again. My Allegiance will be here early next week I was told by the shop owner!!!!!!!! If I decide to try and use a no-peep I will have plenty of time to see if I can use it accuratly. I want so input from you people as to weather you likes or disliked it or you just couldn't use to it at all no matter how hard you tried and is it better than a large dai. peep in low light conditions.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NO-Peep users past and present like or dislike

Bigcountry-

I am trying a no peep sight this year too. I am trying the Hind Sight. I am like you I am trying it now that way I will have plenty of time before season if I don't Like it I can switch back to a peep. I will let you no how I like it. I am puting it on my bow next week. It is on order now. Check it out. If it is anything like their website makes it look I will Like it. Check out hindsightco.com.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:55 AM

I wouldn't use a peep for hunting, even if there was no other option. Fortunately, there is. The No-peep has been on my bow for 3-4 years and works as advertised. It has trained me so well, that I frequently shoot for a whole evening without even looking at it. My groups are as tight as they've ever been. It's an aid that doesn't have to be used on any given shot, and I encourage all No-peep users to practice a lot without looking at it. Back when I used a string peep, my anchor was wherever it happened to fall. With the No-peep I've learned to create a solid anchoring system that is easy to repeat. In my opinion, most people using a string peep, would be clueless if the peep broke or fell out while hunting. Those using a No-peep should have no trouble hitting their mark, even if the No-peep is somehow destroyed.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Liked the hindsight , hated the no-peep , what works for one person may not work for another , so take it with a grain of salt .
Old 02-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

and is it better than a large dai. peep in low light conditions.
Definately-----Its a no-brainer.Think of the advantages of not looking through a peep.
I love the no-peep.But be warned,its not easy setting one up yourself the first time.It might be easier to have a friend to stand beside you while at full draw and a comfortable anchor to do the fine adjustments for you.(please have an arrow on string at full draw incase of dryfire)
I also know it will build into your mind the perfect anchor point everytime,not finding it through a peep.I highly reccomend you know what your exact draw length is before you start.If your drawing a bow which is 1-2 inches to long for you then it will be alot more difficult for you to acquire a good anchor.
Give one a go,lots of time to set it up and practice.Let us know how you feel about it,you wont be dissapointed I promise ya if its set up properly

Liked the hindsight , hated the no-peep , what works for one person may not work for another , so take it with a grain of salt
ijimmy---what was it about the no-peep you didn't like-just curious
Old 02-26-2005, 09:09 PM

I wouldn't use a peep for hunting, even if there was no other option. Fortunately, there is. The No-peep has been on my bow for 3-4 years and works as advertised. It has trained me so well, that I frequently shoot for a whole evening without even looking at it. My groups are as tight as they've ever been. It's an aid that doesn't have to be used on any given shot, and I encourage all No-peep users to practice a lot without looking at it. Back when I used a string peep, my anchor was wherever it happened to fall. With the No-peep I've learned to create a solid anchoring system that is easy to repeat. In my opinion, most people using a string peep, would be clueless if the peep broke or fell out while hunting. Those using a No-peep should have no trouble hitting their mark, even if the No-peep is somehow destroyed.
My thoughts exactly. Take your time and set it up properly and you'll never go back!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:38 PM

I've been shooting with one for about a month and a half. So far I really like it and highly recommend it.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ijimmy---what was it about the no-peep you didn't like-just curious
The thing that I liked least about it was the fact that your eye was trying to look at 2 things at once , My eyesight is not what it was when I was 20 years old . It was dificult to setup allso . The hindsight on the other hand was a great tool for me years ago , teaching me about hand toqure , something I still have trouble with , atleast the hindsight is inline with the shot . I now use an aftermarket string with a 3/16s peep , and that works best for me . I see one of the pro hunters on espn that uses the hindsight , he shoots a mathews . One thing I would advise against is useing a peep with the rubber band attached , they are loud , dangerous , and slow your bow down . Suprised to see so many that use them .
Old 02-27-2005, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

One thing I would advise against is useing a peep with the rubber band attached , they are loud , dangerous , and slow your bow down . Suprised to see so many that use them .
I can see loud and slow, but why dangerous?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Guys,

If you have a solid 3 point anchor, you can shoot just as well as a no-peep without bothering to install one.
I'm talking hunting distances out to 30 yards.
A guy on Archery Network once challenged me to put down my no-peep and try shooting without it.
I did and found he was right.
The No-Peep is long lost and forgotten somewhere in my home.
When I first received my new Bowman Accu-Riser II, I put my new CBE 3-D sight on it and other accessories.
I had bought a peep from my dealer the day before on Saturday.
I couldn't find the peep to save my life as I had misplaced it. [:@]
Shop was closed on Sunday so could not buy another.
I went ahead and took my new bow to my Cousin's house to shoot it anyway without the peep.
Had no trouble getting good groups by just concentrating on the cross hair and lining it up with the Bullseye.
My 3 point anchor made it possible to shoot without a peep.
Not quite as good as a peep at all distances but pretty darn close.
Don't take my word for it; try it for yourself and see how you like it.
You might not win Vegas without a peep but you can kill a buck without one.

Sag.

Quick Reply: NO-Peep users past and present like or dislike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.