Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Peep, kisser or both? >

Peep, kisser or both?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep, kisser or both?

Old 02-24-2005, 04:47 PM

Default RE: Peep, kisser or both?

i shoot only peep and i do just fine...like everyone says its all about your anchor point.

BB90
Old 02-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also a peep only person. If you have a good anchor, you don't need it but if your anchor isn't consistant you'll need it. I am playing with a new anchor point right now and may put my kisser on just to get comfortable with where it is. Basically using it as a training aid. I've always shot with higher than normal anchor and my shooting partners brought it up while shooting the other day. I was having problems getting enough vertical out of my sight. I was very consistant this way, but i couldn't get my sight low enough to hit my 20 yard pin. So I am raising my peep and anchor to work this out. It feels a little weird right now, but hopefully I'll get it shortly.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:34 PM

Good luck with that Muzzy.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Muzzyman, are you the one who worked here in Lower Swatara Twp? Tyco, 2801. Remember we talked a couple years back.

On the peep/kisser question. I have never had a need of a kisser. Only a peep. I have a very consistent anchor, more consistent than even I knew. Two year ago I was shooting several bows for field tests. Each bow was set for my draw and the weight I shoot so I could compare one against the other. Well, as I was only comparing them for speed, noise, and hand shock I saw no need to add all the gadgets.

I set each bow up with a Star Hunter rest on centershot, a nockset set to square on the string, and a sight to just shoot. Anyway, with several of the bows, a Pearson Diamondback to be specific, I was soon shooting 30 yards, using only my anchor point and the sight pin. To add to my amazement I was shooting 3" groups, and this with a bow that wasn't even tuned.

It would seem from these tests that I should be able to hunt with nothing on the string but Leeches. I'm going to try it this year. I think it's just something I have to practice and become comfortable with. Can you imagine not having a dark little hole to look through to find your pins, nor having anything on the string to slow it down. Could be a match made in heaven.

NOW where is my new Martin ShadowCat?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like a peep. You kill two bird with one stone. Proper alignment and anchor point are instantaneous with a good peep. No need for a kisser.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:43 AM

For me, it's neither. I have a No-peeop ( which I rarely look at anymore), and solid anchors.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Starightarrow, my point exactly. With good repeatable shooting form you don't need either, and don't need the No-Peep. I know most of us are not in the same class, but just for comarison purposes take a look at Olympic shooters. They shoot out to 90 meters (100 yards) and have nothing on the string but a nockset. And with recurves no less. And I've seen these people shoot 5" groups WAY out there. Incredible. Gees, a lot of guys are glad to shoot 5" groups at 40 yards and got all the extra gizmo's on the string.

Of course they do one other thing we don't. They practice that way all the time.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:56 PM

I just got a bow about a month ago. At first I just used a peep but found I was having trouble establishing a good anchor. So I installed a kisser and it made a world of difference. Now I can draw and anchor in a snap without even thinking about it and know that it is excatly the same everytime. And lets face it, who really goes through all the necessary steps to a good shot when actually faced with that big buck. Just makes it one less thing for me to think about when I'm about to shoot. I'm going to shoot a techno-hunt tomorrow and will find out excatly how much the new kisser hurt my fps. But I'm more worried about accuracy than speed!!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:15 PM

peep only for me. it provides both the achor point and great sight alignment.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Both. Tried a kisser last year and loved it. Solid anchor point for me.

Quick Reply: Peep, kisser or both?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.