Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NAP quickspin vanes >

NAP quickspin vanes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP quickspin vanes

Old 02-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP quickspin vanes

I am looking at ordering some arrows and was wondering about the NAP quickspin vanes. Anybody have any experience with them, good or bad? They are a $10.00 upgrade on a dozen arrows. Also I use a Wisker Bisquit and wonder if that would make a difference.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:11 PM

Default RE: NAP quickspin vanes

5shot says they work. blazers work also, but don't provide as much spin. if i remember correctly 5shot's review said you get more spin out of them than you can get with 4 inch hard helical feathers. i haven't had too much luck with someone else fletching my arrows on the con side. if its at a shop near you or a service you or nubo's had luck with who will replace any that fall off, great. if not, think about what happens if a few fall off. weird how when i fletch my own arrows none fall off.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent had any problems with them. and I shoot a WB with hard right helical. They spin at like 3,000 rpms, straight fletched in 35 mph wind, and we all know an arrow goes alot faster than 35mph. So, who knows how fast mine are spinning.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent had any problems with them. and I shoot a WB with hard right helical.
Seeing as you shoot them and use the WB, would you recommend spending the extra money? I would be mail ordering them from archeryexperts.com.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personaly wouldn't recomend them for the WB rest. The Quick spins do work, but they are a rubbery type vane and will become wrinkeld when shot in a WB. The best vanes for WB rests are harder urathane styles. Bohoning vanes, AAE speedflights,flex fletch etc. The quick spins are best used on drop aways in my opinion or regular shoot through styles.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personaly wouldn't recomend them for the WB rest. The Quick spins do work, but they are a rubbery type vane and will become wrinkeld when shot in a WB. The best vanes for WB rests are harder urathane styles. Bohoning vanes, AAE speedflights,flex fletch etc. The quick spins are best used on drop aways in my opinion or regular shoot through styles.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:14 AM

I agree with 5 shot, they will wrinkle. I shot them on my target arrows last year. After 30 shots with a good group of guys they were destroyed. I don't think they are better than a hard helical feather. They may spin more but they don't have near the drag. I didn't notice any better groups.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

They may spin more but they don't have near the drag.
???

Even if this statement was true, would that be a bad thing?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:52 AM

Arrows get stabilized in 2 ways, by them spinning, and second by the drag at the back of the arrow. This is why feathers are better than vanes, they have more drag. Although the quick spins spin more they still have less drag than feathers.

Is this a bad thing? No but your not gaining much over feathers. Also they will help groups out more the worst the bow is tuned.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Spin is generated by drag on the fletching, basic physics.

Feathers have more drag (and therefore more spin if offset angled) than vanes fletched the same way.

Since the spin is generated by drag on the fletching, explain to me how you can spin faster with less drag?

The kicker on the rear of the QS vane causes quite a bit of drag since it is almost perpendicular to the vane itself. That kicker, and the drag it causes, is the key to the high spin rate of the QS. That, and they "say" that the micro-grooves on the opposite side of the vane reduce air pressure on that side of the vane as it is flying which also aids in spin. I'd like to tinker with a QS vane that doesn't have the micro grooves on the other side to compare to the present version that does- just to see if that claim is true.

I'm impressed with these vanes so far, but I wish the durability was better. Flex-fletch sets the bar pretty high..... I've been using QS's for indoor target and will be using them for outdoor field this summer.