Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 camo finish arrows? >

camo finish arrows?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

camo finish arrows?

Old 02-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default camo finish arrows?

How many bother with a camo finish arrow? I was wondering if it made them any smoother or quieter when pulling across a rest or is it the opposite and the in fact just add weight to the arrow?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:36 PM

Default RE: camo finish arrows?

i find them harder to pull out of targets but that might just be me. i don't see anything "better" about them then the plan black ones, other then the cool factor. i just can't see paying 10 bucks more for camo arrows that don't make a difference
Old 02-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used them and I see them all the time on the 3D courses. Not that I shoot them anymore. I may sound a bit biased but you're the one who asked.

PRO---Camo arrows look cool.

Con---Camo arrows cost more.
Harder to pull from 3D targets
Heavier than the same spine in black (slows the bow down)
Noisier drawing across a rest

How much more do you want me to list?
Old 02-22-2005, 06:32 PM

I use them because they make ME look cooler. That's what bowhunting's all about.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am in agreement with BGfisher.

I'll also say that in many cases it adds inconsistancies to the shaft in regards to straightness and spine consistancy.

To me there are no advantages to camo shafts other than if you "NEED" a heavier shaft and don't want to change brands or spines.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:15 PM
dws

After shooting through a deer, camo arrows can sometimes be a lot harder to find if they are not sticking up out of the ground. I still have half an arrow somewhere around my stand, it broke on my last deer, sucks that it still has a $10 spitfire on it.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK. No real compelling reasons to spend the extra 10 bucks, its better in my pocket. Thanks all.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

dws says it right--trying finding the thing after a shot in the 'early/October season--or spring turkey'--may have to fletch with some 5" WHITE vanes.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

camo is overrated
Old 02-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry, there is no reason to save that $10 either. Use it to buy a slightly better quality arrow. You'll be gald you did.

I'm glad someone mentioned about camo arrows being hard to find. I for got about that. I haven't lost an arrow in over 3 years. And I shoot a lot of 3D. I don't care if I lose one while hunting.

The other thing I was thinking is that I never had a deer go running away fro a black shaft. At least not till after it passed through.

Quick Reply: camo finish arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.