Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 02-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clarrifier

Depending on how old you are there is another option. If you're in the group that needs bifocals then you can use a "Verifier". It screws right into the Specialty Super Peep. I got one and now I don't see three blurry pins anymore (the sight only has one pin). There are about 5 different diopters and sizes. You could try several to see what works. I got the
#7 lens with 1/8" hole, marked #750-13. I should have gotten the one marked #750-12. Too strong and it blurs the target a little more than I like, but I do see that it'll work. The down side is that they cut out some light and are a bit slaty. I got mine at Lancaster Archery for $25+ tax. It does sound like a lot, but I spend a lot of money on this sport and can't shoot any better than I can see. At 57 years old I need all the help that I can buy.

Hope this helps
Old 02-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Clarrifier

I suffer from poor distance vision and wear glasses. I started using a Clarifier Peep when shooting my Classic Scope with a 4X lenses. With out the Clarifier peep my target is a bit of a blur through the lense... with the Clarifier the target is in focus....... the down side is when shooting in a dark tunnel lane with a thick dark canopy at a dark target... the target almost disapears.
With different eyesights people choice of clarifier will differ .. what works for me or someone else might not work for you....... I went through many power lenses and different clarifiers to find the one and the right combination that works best for me.....

EXAMPLE
With a Classic Scope with a 3X lense I dont need a clarifier.
With a Toxonics 3X lense I DO need a clarifier.
Different power lenses made my differing manufacturers with differeing eyesight issues will cause differing results.
Also take in to account the distance the lense is from the eye on a slider sight, this will also cause differing results.
Its just one of those things you just have to play around with until you find the combination that works best for you.

I have used the GKF All Power Peep ... and the Specialty Peeps and liked both
( just make sure if you order the specialty peep get the one that is made for your degree or string angle on your bow... you can see this angle list at the Specialty Archery Website).