Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How much plastic? >

How much plastic?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How much plastic?

Old 02-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default How much plastic?

Not trying to beat a dead horse(I'm not solberg) but before I shell out a c note for a sight....
DD2 owners.. how much plastic makes up this sight? I like the idea of plastic pins but not for the rest of the sight. Can't find one local to see for myself. Any owners input appreciated. Thanks, NYH
Old 02-20-2005, 01:51 AM

Default RE: How much plastic?

I just bought one on Thursday. The entire sight is machined aluminum except for the pins and the pin guard. The pins are made of a flexible nylon and should be very durable. I'm guessing the pin guard is lexan, which is pretty tough stuff. In any case, Montana Black Gold has a no questions asked full warrenty on their product and they honor it readily.

How do I know this? Well, I bought my DD2 in the local Cabelas Bargain Cave for a very reasonable price. I went to sight it in the next day and when I went to tighten down a locking screw after making an elevation adjustment it let loose. The aluminum stripped right out of the hole. I have a feeling that whoever returned the sight to Cabelas must have torqued the heck out of it and damaged or weakened it.

In any case, I immediately called Montana Balck Gold. They said that they didn't care who did the damage or how it happened. They would replace it free of charge! That's what I call service!

The sight picture is fantastic and the pins really are bright and remain visible in low light.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How much plastic?

Thank you for the reply, that is what I wanted to know! I willl be getting one very soon!