Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dental floss

Old 02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default Dental floss

I know I'v seen info suggesting dental floss for serving in peeps & such & was wondering if it would work for tying in nocks on your string. I'v got a bow I'm switching back to fingers with & want to try this out.
Whats the consensus here? Can I use dental floss or cant I?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dental floss

I have in the way distant past, but there are just better alternatives today such as braided fastflight serving materials that you can just tie on the string. I still carry some dental floss around once in a while, but not so often. It used to come in really handy for tying up that old monofiliment serving that like to break and unravel. Now we got better stuff.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, dental floss works fine for a string nock.
Use it for string nocks with my traditional recurves.
Prefer the waxed green color.

Sag.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:09 PM

dental floss works well. it's kinda like duct tape...for archery; you can use it on anything.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:43 AM

I agree with BGfisher, it will work but there is alot of stuff that will work better, I would only use it in a pinch.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:23 PM

I have it on my bow and it seems to do okay.

BB90
Old 02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ash2042

I agree with BGfisher, it will work but there is alot of stuff that will work better, I would only use it in a pinch.

What makes the other stuff better?
I'm not doubting you, its just I like to know why one material is better than another so as I can make an educated decision.

Thanx for all the input guys.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Leverdude

ORIGINAL: ash2042

What makes the other stuff better?
I'm not doubting you, its just I like to know why one material is better than another so as I can make an educated decision.

Thanx for all the input guys.

Lever, I just gotta checkle. The answer is quite obvious. The newer better stuff costs more. What a reality check.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Gotta cost more, the dental floss is free. Kinda, the wife buys it.

Lotsa things in this sport are better cuz they cost more. Found the same thing true with guns earlier in life so I'm not real suprised & try & educate myself before I decide what I think is best.

Still tho, alot of times newer more expensive stuff is better for one reason or another so if theres any other reason, besides cost, some newer more expensive stuff is better lemme know.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well I did it & it seems to be working fine. Had to move my peep down as I switched from release to fingers on that bow so I served my peep in with it as well. Looks darn good if I say so myself, now I just gotta see how it lasts.
Big difference wth my fingers after using a release for a year, got a good excuse to shoot lots now. I'll shoot a nice tight group & then throw an arrow out 6" in the next. [:'(]

Quick Reply: Dental floss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.