Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TRU-Nok

Old 02-17-2005, 03:13 PM

Default TRU-Nok

I am the owner of a new Mathews FX, 30" draw, 70#. I have had a speed nok on my bow since purchasing it at the end of December (oh, this is my first bow ever by the way). I loved it, the way it kept my peep in line, b/c i have bad problems with the turning on me. However i noticed that the string was wearing from my release. So i got some string loops and tried those, but they pinched the noks and pulled my arrows off of the rest. I think this was due to having the speed nok also. So i recently purchased a T.R.U. Nok, same thing, w/ the peep alignment, cept it has a solid D-loop in it. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on it. I have read that a few people on here don't like them. I'm planning on keeping it, as long as there's no huge problem. Also, I shot it a little today and noticed it was noisy, any suggestions on how to quiet it down at all.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TRU-Nok

I'm one who doesn't have any time for those things. I don't use s string loop either, but..........if your string loop was pinching the nock and lifting your arrow then it just needed spread apart a little bit or some guys put a nockset inside the top of the loop to put some down pressure on the nock when drawing. This does seem to help. I wonder how one of those little eliminator buttons would work?