Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 All Bowtech binary system shooters.... >

All Bowtech binary system shooters....

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

All Bowtech binary system shooters....

Old 02-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Default All Bowtech binary system shooters....

are any of you shooting the 65% letoff?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:44 AM

Default RE: All Bowtech binary system shooters....

I tried it on my Allegiance and there's very little valley,, well,, I couldn't tell if there was any valley. It just seemed like I was holding more weight. I'm spoiled with the 80% let off setting but it feels more like 70% to me,,, just right
Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

My bow came from the factory with the peg not at either end of the groove, so I'm not sure what percentage it is. I like it where it is so I'm not going to mess with it.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:15 PM

Mine came from the factory at about 75% of the 80% setting, but I've since moved it to the end. Maybe thats why my BC was a little low for a 28/70 at 302 fps. I did try it all the way up and it felt like my draw went from 28 to 26?! Did not feel good at all.
Insatiable
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM

I shot mine that way. I have a continental bow from 1977 that has a better valley. I shot from the wall (Hard on the wall) and the 80% just didn't cut it. I was not thrilled with it.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Every bow I have ever shot I shot at 65%..............until I go the Old Glory. With 65% letoff it felt like the Hoyt Spiral cams at the end of the draw cycle, and I hated those. I am shooting it at 80% and I love how it feels.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Yeah Reylamb Hoyt Spiral Cams suck. [:'(] They are fast, but just like any cam that is fast they are not very fun to shoot.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:46 PM

I agree no valley at 65%
Old 02-24-2005, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

are any of you shooting the 65% letoff?
I have not attempted it yet. The valley at the longest post setting seems to be acceptable so I have not found the need yet to try it yet. I will though tonight when I am down at the shop.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've tried this set up, unfortunately with the E7 cams on my Allegiance my draw length went down to 26-3/4" and the bow felt wild!!!
I then switched my cams, went to the E6 --took my DL to 27-1/4" and reduced the let off to 75%. Once you start reducing the LO you've got to 'hold on to that string' at full draw; the speed improves, but it becomes a totally different feel.
As I get older, I seem to enjoy a higher let off, and maybe I'll be able to shoot much longer.

Quick Reply: All Bowtech binary system shooters....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.