Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 The original "OG" #1 w/ NO ? >

The original "OG" #1 w/ NO ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The original "OG" #1 w/ NO ?

Old 02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default The original "OG" #1 w/ NO ?

I just had to post on my new "OG" (old glory). Any aprehension I had in the past about the draw cycle...is.......GONE. I thought that my liberty was smooth I thought that the CPS cam WAS smooth, I thought that the wheely bow was smooth and to each w/ respect they were and are BUT now there is a new kid on the BLOCK............. I cannot beleive the draw cycle on my 60lb 28" "OG" w/ that equilizer cam. Even the die hard Mathews/Hoyt guys that I know are confessing of the smoothness of this cam. I know it is only 60lbs BUT I am also getting 290FPS @ 28" with a 303 grain arrow, THAT IS NUTS, and the best part is I still can feel my hands and arms after I shoot, The bow does NOTHING on the shot............NOTHING!! I tell you. It is nuts, I have shot the switchback the V-tec and those two do NOT compare, I am sorry. There is NO ONe in there best unbiased opinion that can say that the V-tec and the switchback draw as smooth as this equilizer. I gave all those bows a VERY fair chance, shot them all at the same draw wght and length and .........WITH OUT a doubt, the equlizer cam is the most user friendly and the best part is you do NOT need 70lb's to achieve performance. It does everything @ 60lbs, that the others do at 70. the numbers do not lie........Anyway, I tore this bow apart and I cannot find anything wrong w/ it. The tolerances are tight the craftsman ship is excellent. Now I did breakdown and buy a target color, I said I never would, (never say never And this nonesense w/ CAM L......I can't even say it because THERE IS NONE!![8D][:-] I digress. these are just my findings and opinions, DO with them what you will but I felt it necassary to vent/share this info with my fellow archers.......

By the way CONGRATS to Modertator/sharp shooter MATT/PA for qualifying at the Eastern sports an outdoor show w/ a high 324 on Saturday!!! goodluck in the finals MATT!!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:03 PM

Default RE: The original "OG" #1 w/ NO ?

Awesome bow isn't it!!! I love mine. I had some problems with fletching contact with my Trophy Taker but that was mostly operator error. It's amazing the stupid things one does sometimes. My OG is 29" 70lbs I am shooting a 368grain arrow. I figure to be getting around 300fps or so. The BC said 308fps with a 29" draw at 70.8lbs. Even the 70lb version sits still in your hand after the shot. Welcome to the OG Club Kidd642, By the way what rest you plan on putting on your OG?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Right now I have the TT but looking to put on the new diamondback from COBRA or a APA Twistaway...Leaning towwrd the Cobra rest, the new stuff is nice. Cobra has really stepped up there game.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:25 PM

Mine got ordered yesterday, camo, 60# at 29.5" I have been shooting the shop bow every time I go in (which has been a lot lately!!). I can't wait. 4 weeks, maybe less.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sure...go right ahead...get me even more excited. As if the last few months haven't been torture enough.

I will post what my Old Glory does when it arrives.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:34 PM

I've been eyeying up that new cobra rest, a very nice idea. They really have taken a big step foreward in recent years as compared to that platic junk they used to sell. I really like the builtin arrowholder on the launcher prongs. I also might try that APA twister safari, another very interesting design.

Don't mean to make you envious PABowhunter. Yeah right, I just can't stop talking about this bow, It is amazing. I am singing it's paraises from every mountaintop.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

It is no fair, PABOWHUNTER has those long Gorilla arms[8D] he could get speed out of a micro midas Beleive me it is well worth the wait.......[8D]
Old 02-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

(pahardwoods)
I just can't stop talking about this bow, It is amazing. I am singing it's paraises from every mountaintop.
yadayadayada....blahblahblah. I'm really getting tired of hearing from you.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:15 PM

Are there any pics of these new rests you are talking about? I was looking at the Cobra site, and nothing new.
Thanks
JMAC
Old 02-09-2005, 02:52 PM

Here is the Cobra Diamondback. There is a short writeup and an ad in the latest Peterson's bowhunting on it.It has the traditional cord that attaches to the down buss cable but it doesn't need to be served in it has some sort of clamp-on device to attach it. It also adjusts up where the cord attaches to the rest, Making timing much easier, but what I really like is arrowholder built into the prongs, a very nice feature. This is much better than the plastic junk cobra used to make.

And as for you MUZZYMAN!!!!! Na Na Na Na I have my bow and you don't You can come over and look at mine. Only if you quit whinnning about yours.

Quick Reply: The original "OG" #1 w/ NO ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.