Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam Lean Fix?

Old 02-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Site Bouncer

Default Cam Lean Fix?

With all of the talk lately about cam lean I decided to check mine. I have a dual cam bow and the lower cam is perfect, straight as an........well arrow

The upper however is off slightly with the top of the cam leaning to the left and the bottom to the right (cable gard side). It does not appear to be off by much however I did not measure it.

My question is how do I straighten it out when both the upper and lower yokes on my bow are floating yokes?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Cam Lean Fix?

ttt
Old 02-01-2005, 11:52 AM

You might try serving tightly over the cable loop and the base of the yoke, seems like it would hold pretty well over time
Old 02-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Site Bouncer

WWAG,

I'm not sure I understand, it's served pretty tight now I don't think it can go any further. I can't see how that would make a difference anyway because the yokes have a plastic bushing that the bus cable (coated steel) loops through. The yoke material (served string) goes around the outer edge in a grove on the plastic bushing kinda like a pully so the yoke can move free to self adjust without binding, make sence?

So back to my problem, how can I adjust it?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Site Bouncer

Ok,

I have been doing some research on this and I think I have come up with a solution. Let me run this by you all.

If I had served yokes I could adjust the cam lean by twisting, but in order for me to do that I would have to scrap the steel cable system for a string one. Will this cause problems with my set up? Its a browning bow about 5 or 6 years old with Contour XP limbs and Heat cams. Has anybody done this before? Is there any reason why I should stay with the floating yokes what are the pros and cons?

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Site Bouncer

ttt

Anybody?

Over 130 hits and nobody has any ideas except for walks with a gimp? (thanks by the way) Surely somebody has an idea. I can't be the only one with cam lean on a floating yoke set up. Hell even the new "best bow ever" bowtech has cam lean so this is not a rare occurrence in bows. This is the technical forum right?

Getting back to the situation at hand, I looked at my bow again and I don't think changing the cables from steel to string is a viable option because the cable ends have a button built in that fit into the cam. Also the string slips over this button on the other side of the cam. So I don't think I can get strings to attach at the cams. This puts me back to square one.

I just can't see how I can even the tension on the limbs with this type of floating system. I am just hoping I missed something and somebody has an idea or has had this problem as well and fixed it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

What bow is it? There are a few different types of yolk systems that use different parts. Does it have the small cable attached to both sides of the axle and then a plastic disk sitting in that cable with the buss cable looped through the middle of the disk in a slot?

There really is very little you can do to fix this problem you have with the steel cable systems. If it is the style I described above you can try to slide the disk over just a little to the cable rod side but I doubt it will stay there for long.

What you probably have is a slightly warped limb. The floating yolk is designed to "float" with even pressure on both sides of it to stop cam lean.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Site Bouncer

Big Bulls,

It's a Browning Boss Tracker and that is the exact set up I have. I even tried to move the "disc" and it justs moves back to even pressure.

Is there a way of checking the limb for square so I know for sure that is causing the lean? I wonder if it's something with the axle or bushings. I don't want to take it all apart before I exhaust all other options. Everything appears to be nice and tight.

Thanks
Old 02-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stainless steel axles and roller bearings.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Site Bouncer

Can I get them for my bow?

Quick Reply: Cam Lean Fix?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.