Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 releases and string loops? >

releases and string loops?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

releases and string loops?

Old 01-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default releases and string loops?

I will be trying a release this spring for the first time and was wondering what most people use: a string loop, a solid D type or clip right on to the bowstring itself. I am really hoping to just attach directly to the string as I like things as simple as possible but I do realize that it will wear out the serving faster. But I know some people clip right on the string with good results. Any and all advice, opinions, superstitions appreciated!
Old 01-31-2005, 03:41 PM

Default RE: releases and string loops?

I believe most people use a string loop. I use one and love it.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:19 PM

A loop has many advantages. Do a search here and there is a wealth of info on them.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:24 PM

I agree. Shooting a string loop has a lot of advantages and I think if you try it you will like it. I'm sure nubo will hook you up.Wow, I'm talking and it's typing. I like this.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one, however I think I may try going without on my next setup to see if I can get an extra 1/2 inch of draw out of the bow for some extra speed. You will lose a bit of draw length on your bow with the loop.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure nubo will hook you up
Actually nubo attaches directly to the string, in fact nubo is starting to scare me. If you start talking about hunting, his eyes glaze over ( left one twitches) he stares off into the abiss and tried climbing a telephone pole at the coffee shop I met him at this weekend. The manager came running out and yelled at him that he couldn't do that anymore. Guess it happens alot. Nice guy though
Old 01-31-2005, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I use one, however I think I may try going without on my next setup to see if I can get an extra 1/2 inch of draw out of the bow for some extra speed. You will lose a bit of draw length on your bow with the loop.
You do not lose any draw length. You just have to anchor differently.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

ORIGINAL: Rick James

You do not lose any draw length. You just have to anchor differently.
If you choose to anchor differently, you do not have to lose length. However when you have been using the same anchor point for almost 15 years, old habits die hard and it is easier for me to shorten length than change that anchor point.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

TerryM, when you start using your new release you will need to establish the proper draw length. When you establish this you are also establishing your anchor point. When both of these are correct you will shoot your best groups. If all of this is done without a string loop and you add one later you will have to shorten draw length to keep the same anchor point. Adding a 1/2'' string loop is like adding 1/2'' of draw length and having to long of a draw length is not good.

I personally think the string loop gives you a more forgiving setup. I wouldn't shoot without one but many others shoot great without it. Try both and go with whatever feels best. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:20 PM

I just put string loop on my bow a couple of days ago..I was having one hell of a time getting good groups ...I was ready to cut it off when I decided to change my anchor point from knuckle behind jaw bone to knuckle behind ear..took a little getting used to but groups sure got tight

Quick Reply: releases and string loops?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.