Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 01-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow Press Question

I have one made by Walks With A Gimp from the forum.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have one that I carry with me in the van and take on trips in case I need to change a string or something. Thankfully, I have never needed to use it however. I have an apple in the basement that I use on a regular basis.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

You know, I have still yet to find a strap like that, I mean one you can back off without just letting loose of the spindle. Any idea on where to get such a strap?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:57 AM

ANY ratchet strap can be backed off slowly,, you just need to know the right way You don't just "let go" of the handle on a boat winch do you??? This is the biggest problem people have with using my press and I go to great lengths to try to rectify the problem for some people that have bought my press,,, on an individual basis. It takes two hands to do it, but is very easy and quick. All the steps to operate my press are outlined in my instruction sheet and it also contains 15 pictures but still some have problems grasping the idea. Again,, it's easy and safe
Old 01-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey WWG, do you have to remove a bolt on each end to get the bow in?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey WWG, do you have to remove a bolt on each end to get the bow in?
IBM
I am not WWAG but yes you remove the bottom bolt to get the bow into the press.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I best chime in here too.

Once you figure out how to properly use the ratchet strap you'll pop yourself upside the head with the palm of your hand and say "man, that sure is easy, why didn't I think of that before"...

As a home use model (not quite fast enough for a pro shop use) I consider the Bowmender™ press to be an equal to the Sure Loc X-Press meaning both of them put virtually no stress on the bow riser and minimal stress on the bow limbs. Less than if you were actaully drawing the bow back to shoot it.

I carry the Bowmender™ press to all the shows that I can't take my Apple press to.

Big thumbs up to WWAG for the design
Old 01-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once you figure out how to properly use the ratchet strap you'll pop yourself upside the head with the palm of your hand and say "man, that sure is easy, why didn't I think of that before"...
Pat

Are you speaking from experience
Old 01-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Aussie's not even using it right The instructions I include (which Aussie didn't get) show that you need to remove ALL the nuts and to remove the top two brackets. You then lay the bow within the cross bolts (after you determine the correct spacing for your bow) and then replace the top brackets and all the retaining nuts. Take up a bit of tension to hold it all together and then stand it upright on the legs. This takes only about 20 seconds or so and about the same time to relax the press and remove the bow from the press.
It's not a pro shop press,, speed wise, but it's safe to your bow and should last a lifetime

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.