Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How many still shoot with fingers? >

How many still shoot with fingers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How many still shoot with fingers?

Old 01-19-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many still shoot with fingers?

I will always shoot fingers.
So far I use a 3 fingered glove (one above, 2 below, so I can grip the arrow while drawing).
I've tried a tab, but I don't think they're for me (except for maybe bowfishing)

My PSE Beast is 36" ATA, and it works good.
My recommendation would be to go 38" or 40".
I do get some finger pinch when I shoot a lot.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Reflex Gamegetter (40" ATA) with fingers. I'd like to get a Mathews Ovation, but this gamegetter is shooting so well for me, I'm starting to wonder why. I just switched to a full archers glove I bought at cabela's. Its a nice glove and you don't have to mess with three finger gloves or tabs. I'm using a NAP center rest (Flipper style) that has worked well, easy to tune and seems to be forgiving. I am considering a whisker biscuit, since occasionly my arrow falls of the rest when I draw - I'd hate for that to happen next season when my time comes with the big boy. In general I'm enjoying the simplicity of finger shooting and still can't believe how well that gamegetter is shooting for a $200 bow!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

check out the wisker bisquit.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm a first year bow hunter so my stats probably won't count for nothing. I was told how wonderful a quick release was. I bought the best one Walmart had.I hated it. I took it back. It seemed to make me shoot to far to the left when I swear I was holding it straight. The fingers are better for me but I'm also new at this archery stuff. I have a passion for hunting so I'll eventually figure out the right bow for me. As for ATA I don't know what that stands for.
Chuck
Old 01-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

ATA= Axle to axle, in other words how long a bow is, more or less.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

deertale, A wiskerbiscut is a fine rest for release shooters. For fingers I would suggest a good magnetic rest like the Terry 2 or Oakie and a quality cushion plunger. With this combination you should have little problem in set up and performance. Unlike shooting a release aid that comes off the string straight, the arrow has a side kick when released with fingers. This side kick will not correct before entering the biscuit and fine tuning will be next to impossible. If you are using a tab, cut the split just a bit wider in a "V" configuration. The tab or glove is the problem with the arrow being twisted off the rest.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

never got comfortable shooting with fingers so I will keep on using the release.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:50 PM

What bows do you guys shoot? For me it's going to be a Protec
Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 AM

Sniper151,

Who makes the Terry 2 & the Oakie arrow rests? I'd like to check them out. Know any others worth considering?

Thanks,

Joe...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

can't thanks to some messed up digits, i actually qualify for a x-bow deal[:'(], but would rather stick to my compound.

Quick Reply: How many still shoot with fingers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.