Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 opinions on rest >

opinions on rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

opinions on rest

Old 01-14-2005, 09:41 PM

Default opinions on rest

hello fellow bowhunters I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best arrow rest for every part of bowhunting I switch between carbons and aluminum so I assume a simple prong rest would be the easiest to adjust between th two arrows but I would like something that I can stalk with and not worry about my arrow falling off the rest. I was thinking a wb but I don't know if you can shoot carbons through an aluminum wb by the way my carbons are easton excel 340s and my aluminums are 2413 thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 10:36 PM

Default RE: opinions on rest

you could buy 2 WBs and just use the one mounting bracket. or you can get the large dia. carbons
Old 01-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are switching back and forth from different sized shafts I would get a micro adjust fallaway rest like a Infiniti or one of the premier rests from GKF.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ill second , the wisker bisquet .
Old 01-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give the Vital Bow Gear Ultimate fallaway a serious look.IMO it is the most complete hunting rest available.It captures the arrow at rest and when the bow is drawn,the arm moves out of the way and if you have to let down,it will recapture the arrow.It will hold any size arrow with no adjustment like a prong rest(just move it higher or lower to fine tune different diameter arrows).It is also dead quiet on the draw and shot.No extra work is needed to accomplish this.

The only drawbacks, imo, are that the rest has to be adjusted higher than most rest for clearance of the vanes over the capture arm.I personally have had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS with this affecting accuracy.

Also the rest doesn't seem to work as well on bows with parallel limb design (according to a few on this site that have tried the rest on their bows) because of the minor amount of movement of the cables,therefore not allowing the rest to get out of the way in time not to make contact with the fletching.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're looking for a fall away with excellent containment features, the Muzzy Zero Effect can't be beat in that catagory. And, I do believe you can switch between carbons and aluminums pretty easily with just a turn of the stop screw to adjust your elevation between the two arrows.