Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Tuning

Old 01-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Bow Tuning

I Am Curious To See How Many Archers Still Paper Tune. If Not, What Method Do You Use? Thanks Again
Old 01-09-2005, 02:12 PM

Default RE: Bow Tuning

I paper tune. I have bare shaft tuned as well, but I like paper tuning. Seems easier and more complete.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only tuning i do is have my rest aligned for center shot and have my nock set at the proper height. arrows have always flown fine for me.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Group, walk back, and shoot a tape cross on the target. Paper, I don't much at all.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bareshaft to tune. This works better for me shooting fingers. Should you have a problem where a cable or sting must be replaced, you can retune any time or place.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:11 PM

How Do You Bareshaft Tune? Thanks Again
Old 01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Paper tuning is the best way to see if youre arrow is coming off the bow string as straight as possible.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

I have paper tuned and bare shaft tuned, bare shaft is far better way of tuning. To bare shaft tune, cut off your vanes or feathers and shoot the arrow at a target 10ft away. Move your rest in or out to take care of fish tailing and nock point up or down to take care nock high or low on target.
Gselkhunter
Old 01-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

To bareshaft tune, start at approximately 10 yards. Shoot two fletched arrows than, without moving your stance, shoot the bareshaft. If your shooting a release the bareshaft should impact just under the fletched arrows. If your a right hand fingers shooter you want the bareshaft to impact just under and to the left of your fletched arrows. The impact MUST be below the fletched arrows. Say your bareshaft inpacts high, loosen our nock set just enough to turn in a few turns up the string. Snug the set and try again. Continue until the bareshaft impacts just below the fletched. Now if your bareshaft is left of fletched, move the rest to the right slightly and try another the fletched and bare shaft again. When the bareshaft impacts as stated above, you have tuned your bow to the arrow your shooting. Check out Easton's web page for more details on this and other fine tuning adjustments.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I always thought you wanted the fletched and bare shafts to impact the same spot.

Why do you want the bare shafts to impact low of the fletched arrows?

Never heard of that before.

Quick Reply: Bow Tuning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.