Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Being happy with what you have >

Being happy with what you have

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Being happy with what you have

Old 01-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Being happy with what you have

I need answers!Why does everyone feel the need to buy the newest bows only to gain a couple f.p.s. or a little bit smoother draw and end up paying hundreds of dollars for a minimal upgrade?You can't honestly tell me that bows are improving soooo greatly as the new owners all seem to claim---"this is the sweetest bow i've ever shot"---maybe true,but how much better is it REALLY?I think it's almost like a brainwashing effect!Someone please enlighten me.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Being happy with what you have

Do it while you can, if you can. You only live once.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

jsasker,

I have a 94' Hoyt Superstar, 98' PSE Mach 8, and 99' Bowman Accu-Riser 1 that rank with most any 04' or 05' bow made today.
I would not trade my 02' Super Nova or 03' Bowman Accu-Riser II bows for any manufacturers 2005 bows !
There's no magic to the new 2005 bows and none have the craftsmanship of my 02' Super Nova or 03' Bowman bows.
Just because it's the newest bow doesn't make it better.

Sag.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

This post is like swatting a hornets nest with a broom!

From where I sit it looks like those that upgrade annually have the funds available to do so and enjoy doing it.

I am on my 2nd new bow trying to find the perfect replacement for my 1996 bow (which i still have and shoot).
The 1996 bow set the bar so high it took two purchases to find one that feels better to me.

Once I get this bow performing to my satisfaction I plan on keeping it a while as I could better use the green elsewhere (more deer hunts, better lease).
BUT if I cannot get it tuned to my liking it will be replaced with another $650+ bow. I've got my eye on two of them, so it had better perform!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:42 AM

I have found I tend to like my Q2XL better than anything else on the market...it still perfroms perfectly. Why change if you really don't gain anything?
Old 01-02-2005, 09:58 AM

Some spend money on bills. Others woman. Others kids. Others hunting gear. Hey it's their money.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Because thats what some people like and thats what they want to do with their money.

I have bought and sold around plus or minus 20 bows in the last year to a year and a half. I sell them all on online classifieds like AT's or the new one here on HNI.

Why? because I enjoy it and spend my free time outside of hunting season playing with archery equipment.

And I can tell you the new Allegiance is "the sweetest bow i've ever shot"
Old 01-02-2005, 10:07 AM

It's all in what your comfortable with. I picked up a bow I shot 5 years ago and after shooting it, I wondered how I was ever able to hit anything with. I have an Outback and plan on shooting it several years. I don't see anything out there that could change my mind right now. If your bow suits you then enjoy it but don't go shot out and shoot any of the new bows. If you do, leave your check book and credit card at home[]. Don
Old 01-02-2005, 10:13 AM

I like to buy and sale when I think there is need. There were some pretty cool inovations hitting the market the last couple of years. However, this year I don't see anything worth spending the extra cash for. I am a Hoyt man, and they really didn't come out with anything special this year IMO.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can't honestly tell me that bows are improving soooo greatly as the new owners all seem to claim---"this is the sweetest bow i've ever shot"---maybe true,but how much better is it REALLY?I think it's almost like a brainwashing effect!Someone please enlighten me.

Yes , there are a few who just collect bows and such. But I agree there are way too many people who proclaim to have the "sweetest shooting bow they've ever owned" one year and end up with a new "sweetest shooting bow they've ever owned" the following year. For the majority of them I'd say they weren't really happy with their current bow or they wouldn't have replaced it.
Technology doesn't change enough from year to year (and hasn't in the last 10 or so years) to think that this years model will improve my shooting scores.

Quick Reply: Being happy with what you have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.