HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/83305-beman-metal-matrix-aluminum-carbon-arrows-vs-c-c.html)

sho-me_bhntr 12-20-2004 10:42 AM

Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

okay, so, what's the difference? why are the beman's $30-$40 cheaper a dz? they sound like the same arrow. (i've never shot the beman's before.) are the a/c/c's better quality or something? any opinions?

ash2042 12-20-2004 11:15 AM

RE: Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

I would guess they are about the same. They are both made by easton. Have you checked the specs, I doubt there is much difference.

CBM SC 12-20-2004 11:21 AM

A/C/C's have a thinner walled aluminum core tube and 3 wraps of carbon ! They are slightly lighter weight but stonger and more consistant with the 3 wraps of carbon !

The Matrix on the other hand have a thicker aluminum core tube(giving them a little more weight)......but only 2 wraps of carbon ! Therefore they are easier to bend !

I didn't think the Matrix were even in the ballpark ........durability wise........when I tried them compared to A/C/C's !! JMHO :eek::D !

sho-me_bhntr 12-20-2004 12:10 PM

ah, thanks for the info. :) i didn't realize they were made differently.

I didn't think the Matrix were even in the ballpark ........durability wise
really, though, they were that much less durable? hmmm...

ijimmy 12-20-2004 04:35 PM

I shoot matrix shafts , and love um . They are very durable , I have yet to bend one in 2 years .They are slightly fatter than accs , and slightly heavyer . They shoot about the same , very accurate . I hope they never stop makeing them .

mez 12-20-2004 04:43 PM

I shoot the matrix shaft also. I have had good luck with them and like the extra weight. I've found the durability issue to be a moot point with all the different arrows I've tried. If I miss and they don't hit anything hard they are good to go, if they hit something solid they all bend or break.

sho-me_bhntr 12-20-2004 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

I hope they never stop makeing them .
if i'm not mistaken, the matrix didn't make the 2005 beman lineup. that's why i was inquiring about them. i thought if they are a pretty good arrow, then i might pick some up on low close-out pricing somewhere. does anyone know for sure if they are being discontinued?

as it stands now, i'm kind of stuck on the fence about whether i should buy them or not...some say they are not durable, some say they are...lol. btw, ijimmy and mez, would you happen to have a selection chart for the matrix? i can't seem to find one anywhere. also, do you use super uni bushings with the matrix shafts?

thanks for the help.

ash2042 12-20-2004 05:46 PM

Yes they are discontinued for 2005, I talked to easton today to try and get a good comparison for you and the guy on the phone said the matrix is discontinued for 2005

sho-me_bhntr 12-20-2004 05:58 PM

thanks for the help ash2042. :) i thought they were discontinued. anyone care to give a comparison between the matrix and a xx75 - durability wise? i'm sure the matrix must be more durable, but how much more?

hunter25 12-21-2004 07:15 AM

I was going to post the exact same question (difference b/t Matrix and A/C/C?)...wasn't expecting to see the Matrix will be discontinued for '05 though. Guess I can mark them off my comparison chart.

I currently shoot Carbon Express Terminator Hunters and have had decent success w/ them, but am always looking to improve my shooting by getting more reliable gear. I certainly don't mind spending a few extra bucks to get the better product, but do rely heavily on folks from these hunting forums. I will probably buy a half dozen A/C/C arrows and give them a whirl for '05 season. Does anybody want to talk me out of this?