HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/83305-beman-metal-matrix-aluminum-carbon-arrows-vs-c-c.html)

Rangeball 12-21-2004 07:23 AM

RE: Beman Metal Matrix Aluminum/Carbon Arrows vs. A/C/C

I will probably by a half dozen A/C/C arrows and give them a whirl for '05 season. Does anybody want to talk me out of this?
No, since that's a really really good idea... :)

I got the same advice from Jeff a few years ago. My shooting ability improved overnight :)

I've never looked back, and still have 4 out of the 6, one my release misfired and it went into a cement wall, the other sailed under a nice 10 point and into thick stuff never to be seen again.

Another great thing about ACCs, they match their tolerances so well I can call my guy and tell him to build me two more to matched specs, and they'll be exactly like the 4 I've got...

sho-me_bhntr 12-21-2004 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

one my release misfired and it went into a cement wall,
ouch, that's got to hurt at almost $12 a pop. :D

hunter25 12-21-2004 11:07 AM

You know, once you think you get things figured out, manufacturers like Easton have to go and make their products better. Jumped on their site a little bit ago and saw a link for their NEW A/C Superslims. Wonder how much these will be?

sho-me_bhntr 12-21-2004 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: hunter25

You know, once you think you get things figured out, manufacturers like Easton have to go and make their products better. Jumped on their site a little bit ago and saw a link for their NEW A/C Superslims. Wonder how much these will be?
yup, i saw that as well...interesting, eh?

Rangeball 12-21-2004 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: sho-me_bhntr

one my release misfired and it went into a cement wall,
ouch, that's got to hurt at almost $12 a pop. :D
Scared the crap outa me right quick...

It was my own stupidity, I was playing with light trigger settings... Live and learn :)

sho-me_bhntr 12-21-2004 02:43 PM

Scared the crap outa me right quick...

It was my own stupidity, I was playing with light trigger settings... Live and learn :)
Talk about a surprise release! :D

Had that happen to a guy i know once...he was a first time bowhunter...he shot for a year with a real light trigger setting. well, season rolls around and its cold. he finally gets an opportunity on a doe (his first deer). He drew his bow and waited for the doe to step out into his 20 yd opening...next thing you know --- thump! off his arrow goes through the woods. he never even felt the trigger through his gloves...you would think he would have learned his lesson, but nope. same thing happened the following weekend. after two times he readjusted his trigger...lol, i still laugh thinking about that... :D[8D]

Rangeball 12-21-2004 02:52 PM

I had that happen with a doe I shot with my slug gun last year at 130 yards.

I had sent my gun back to H&R for a trigger job, came back beautiful, light and crips, just perfect. Practiced with it alot (dry) following the BRAS mantra, felt wonderful. Of course, without gloves.

Had a doe at 130 yards, put the crosshairs on her, put my gloved finger in the trigger gard, just barely moved my finger to set my pre-squeeze tension and BAM! Through the scope it looked like someone punched the doe in the side hard, she ran about 20 yards, stopped to look around and dropped. I was shaking in my boots, scared the CRAP outa me, again :)

When I got to her, slug had pin pointed my aiming spot. I never even felt the trigger move...

ijimmy 12-22-2004 07:41 AM

Man thats bad news , Those are my favorite shafts , looks like Ill be shoot'n 390 accs . Or maybe give the new x75's a try , but I bet they are going to be pretty heavy . Damm I miss Jeff

JOE PA 12-22-2004 08:31 AM

I started buying ACCs by the half dozen at my local shop. I can get the shafts for $50/half or 100/doz. I can't say that I am a good enough archer to warrant shooting ACCs, but they don't hurt my consistency one bit. Shot broadheads beautifully this year. I bought a new dozen shafts in August, and only finished up 1/2 of them. I could tell a difference in the grouping and broadhead accuracy from the 2 year old ones with multiple dents in the Unibushings! I have to stop shooting groups, I guess, but those Unibushings definitely saved me money, I'd say. I am going to get a dozen Gold Tip XTs from the guy (for $49) on sale. I figure they will be my "beater" arrows while I keep the ACCs for "show time."

ACLakey 12-22-2004 09:42 AM

The Matrix by Beman may be discontinued, but it is still being produced under the name A/C Kinetic by Easton. Great hunting shaft.

Andrew