Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 previous mq1 owners >

previous mq1 owners

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

previous mq1 owners

Old 12-19-2004, 01:29 PM

Default previous mq1 owners

thinking about upgrading to another mathews. is it worth it or will i regret getting rid of my mq1. thanks for all........mitch
Old 12-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: previous mq1 owners

Notice my moniker still reads "MQ1shooter?"
Old 12-19-2004, 11:34 PM

I've owned two MQ1's in the past and they are gone now. There are faster and quieter bows out there that are just as easy to shoot
Old 12-20-2004, 07:48 AM

I have owned several Mathews since my MQ-1 and the only one I have ended up liking long term as well has been the Outback I am shooting now !
The Outback has some advantages(less recoil,better backwall,steadier,better grip,etc.) and I feel like it's a better shooter ..........but it is louder than the MQ-1 ! It hasn't seemed to bother deer........but it is louder to me when shooting ! The Outback also has a short valley........I didn't like it at first but I have grown to really like it a lot ! Like I said.........pretty much every time I got a bow .....after a few months I said the MQ-1 was better ! Now it's kind of a toss up........but I would probably take the Outback over it ! If the Outback was as quiet or quieter..........now it would be a no contest deal !
Old 12-21-2004, 01:35 PM
CG

Don't do it!!!! You'll regret it!!! Guaranteed!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:17 PM

I had two MQ1s, fantastic bows. I am sure they will go down in history as one of the most influential, and best bows ever made. But then again they are history and you will find other other bows that shoot better and quieter than that Q1. I did. I loved my Q1s but I have been shooting a Bowtech Patriot and it is quieter, faster and even has less hand shock than my Q1s had. I was not dissaapointed in selling them. The fellows I sold them to love them ,and I know my Q1s have good homes so they are happy and so am I.

Good luck in your quest for a new bow.

Allan
Old 12-24-2004, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would keep the MQ1 and use it as a backup. My brother still has his even though he is now shooting a bowtech the MQ is still ready to go if anything should happen. It's one of the best bows Mathews has built in my opinion.