Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whats The best carbon arrow? >

Whats The best carbon arrow?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whats The best carbon arrow?

Old 12-15-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Whats The best carbon arrow?

Hi new here Have read a lot of post.
Have shot only Ics Beman hunters.
Didnt know they will brakdown after time spine wise.
Shot good when i got them now giving me fits.

Shoot a Mathews #70
Old 12-15-2004, 09:56 AM

Default RE: Whats The best carbon arrow?

You will get a lot of answers for this one, and part of it depends on what you want to do. I would say for arrow to arrow consistancy of spine, weight, straightness, ACC's are your best bet. Many other manu's make a great arrow, but as a rule, you will pay for the best tolerances and quality. Gold Tip makes some nice stuff, particularly their Pro line. I have liked what I have seen from Carbon Tech, although I have not owned any.

It really does depend on your chosen need. Hunting vs shooting 90M outdoors are two very different needs. You really need to match equipment to the purpose.

JMAC
Old 12-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well these may not be the best, but they are the best I have ever shot.

I like the Gold Tip PRO hunters and for a $100 or so a dozen they are a great deal.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

People don't want the best. The best cost real money. Get the price on some Easton X-10's and see what I mean. One step down is ACE and then ACC's. People will pick apart the ACC's as being too costly. They retail around $140 a dozen. Then they'll turn around and buy a Korean Express 3D Select or so for $120 a dozen. WHY? Because they follow a crowd that loves them. Of course how many of them ever shot ACC's to compare?

OK, Now I didn't say it yet, but the best in our normal realm is ACC's. THat being said, I have shot dozens of carbon and aluminum arrow along with ACC's. My $.02
Old 12-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

the best carbon arrow is the one I am currently shooting[8D]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well an ACC isn't a carbon arrow to begin with. I know you know that but since he is asking about carbon arrows and not carbon/ alluminum arrows I thought I'd point that to him just in case he did not know.

As far as the ones that I have shot I prefer the Carbon (Korean) Express shafts. I have gotten better flight from the CX and Terminator selects than Beman, Gold Tip, PSE, & Easton.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:32 AM

The best all carbon's I have used are GT Pro Hunter's !
Old 12-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone tried the Nitro Stingers from Arrow Dynamics?

While I don't have much experience with them, it seems like most of the people I have talked to that have "in depth" experience with them are very impressed.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Another vote for Carbon Express. I have shot Carbon Express 3D Selects for 4 years, and they are a great shaft. Great tolerances, and very durable. I have harvested 11 animals with the same shaft, now that is getting your money's worth. I dont care for alum/carbon arrows because they still can bend, and that is one reason I went to an all carbon shaft. I know a lot of my friends swear by Gold Tip as well, but I have had better success with the CE shafts than I did with the Gold Tips that I shot.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:19 AM

Thank guys.
Think i am going to go with acc but i am still looking for just a carbon arrow to hunt with.
Price is not a consern. I belive this a one shot sport. Time, money,and haveing the deer of a lifetime in your sites. I want the best bow/arrows in my hands.
I shoot a lot and am hard on arrows 3ds and all. Trying to get the most use for the buck.
Shoot left handed have. Had the same bow for over 20years shot 2117xx75 and could do thing with that bow you wont beleave. But thought i would up date my bow( it was pitfily slow) to a new one. Now have a Legacy 28 draw 70# and like it very much. Trying all the new tec stuff like carbon arrows. Think i am going with a dropaway rest next season so i can go bact to hard helical on my fleching.
But i have had a stiff spine reaction with the Bemans 400 ICS ever since i bought them. Cant get the tune i want. I am probely going with the ACC but i need 24 of them (12 to hunt with) leave my broadhead arrows set up all the time when i get them to fly right.
Open a new can of worms but do you guys have sujestons on a dropaway rest? Kind of leaning tword ultra rest like the idea of it beaing in a shot posision all the time.
Thanks agen

Quick Reply: Whats The best carbon arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.