Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech wish list....... >

Bowtech wish list.......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech wish list.......

Old 12-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech wish list.......

If any of you Bowtech Reps are listening. For 06 can you make me a 34-35 inch ATA bow with 7 1/2 - 7 5/8 inch brace height and the equalizer cam system that will shoot in 315-320 IBO. I don't care if you mass produce it or make me one special but that's my ideal hunting bow. I think a bow of these specs will catch it's own fare share of the Liberty crowd and the Patriot crowd. The Old Glory looks like its going to be a spectacular bow but it's a little long for treestand work and the Alegiance should be awesome too but after going back to a 7" brace on the Patriot this year I am wishing that I had another 1/2 inch or so (no jokes inserted here please). The defender has everything but it's a little short for my preference as a long draw length shooter. So that's my Christmas wish for 06.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech wish list.......

Does anybody actually remember the day when a 37" bow became "Too Long"
And I'm only in my early 30's...seriously I can remember looking at my first 36-37" bow and that was in 1997 and I thought it looked like a toy.

A 37" bow is only 1" longer on either end than a 35"............1"
I do think sometimes we get too consumed by numbers, but I'll put your order in anyway.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

I can't wait until they adapt the Equalizer cam system to a Black Knight cam profile.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:10 PM

You think a 29" draw on the defender will be too much?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:30 AM

I really have to agree with Matt on this one. If 37.5" is too long for treestand work, how in the heck do guys with 66" and 68" recurves and longbows do it? I now consider 37" to be the minimum length for any adult bow. It is only my opinion, but I am quickly learning there are more benefits to a longer bow. Unless the mass weight becomes too cumbersome, there are many reasons that make a longer bow more accurate and more forgiving to shoot. I am NOT saying you can't shoot a short bow accruately.

As an example, look at pro shooters. Almost all are sponsored and have thier choice of any bow in a particular line-up. I have never seen any of these guys or gals with a short ATA bow, unless they had a very short draw length or were small of stature. Now I am not saying shoot what a pro shoots, but these folks only get paid if they win, so they pick the most accurate AND most forgiving setup they can. They must be on to something here. The bow ATA really needs to fit the shooter's physical stature.

Also, when will 2" or even 4" really make the difference for clearance? I am really not trying to argue, just get some healthy dialog started. I have learned a lot from this site, other sites, and at the range. Most of the best info comes from open discussion. Anybody else???

JMAC
Old 12-10-2004, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

jmac:

I agree about the length. I think a lot of guys are hunting from climbing stands with a bar in the front. At least that's what some have told me.

I was pretty sure I would not be buying any more bows for a while, but the Old Glory has my interest piqued. I have 2/3 of the scratch I'd need saved up, and am selling some bows as this is written. Now I only have to decide if I am going to take the plunge, or get someone's almost new, perfectly good used bow at half the price so THEY can go get a brand new one.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm trying to apply this same logic, only backwards, to my thinking while looking at a new bow. I've convinced myself moving from a 30.5" ata to a 33" ata won't be the end of the world...

Truthfully, the old glory would probably be just fine, and I hope to shoot all the new bows if the opportunity presents itself, but for my style of shooting, I think the allegiance will do just fine. In my experience, the longer riser heavier mass bows are so fricking stable they shoot much like much longer ATA bows of old that had shorter riser, so the noticeable differences to me between 33" and 38" are probably moot...
Old 12-10-2004, 10:49 AM

Build your own!! Buy a Diamond Victory dual cam and then buy a set of Equalizer cams
Old 12-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did email Pat (BTS) about upgrading one of my older Bowtechs (if you can call an 04 older).

This is the reply he sent me.

"Our Equalizer Cam bows have components that are used only on the bows that were designed for the use of the Equalizer Binary Cam System and our other bows cannot be retrofitted with these cams."
Old 12-10-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I did email Pat (BTS) about upgrading one of my older Bowtechs (if you can call an 04 older).

This is the reply he sent me.

"Our Equalizer Cam bows have components that are used only on the bows that were designed for the use of the Equalizer Binary Cam System and our other bows cannot be retrofitted with these cams."
Let me also add that putting the Equalizer Cams on bows that weren't designed especially for their use could cause injury and will void the bows warranty.

Regards, Pat

Quick Reply: Bowtech wish list.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.