Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Horizon Archery arrow saw? >

Horizon Archery arrow saw?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Horizon Archery arrow saw?

Old 11-28-2004, 03:29 AM

Default Horizon Archery arrow saw?

I have a friend who owned a small town bait and tackle shop that closed up two or three years ago. He just sold me a Horizon Archery arrow saw for $15.00 that was hardly used and was bought new by him. The problem I have is I can't find any information about the saw on-line. I would like to get a new manual from them and a place to get parts if needed. Also, is this a pretty good saw or is it junk? I noticed Apple Archery sells a replacement arbor for it that maked there cut off discs fit the Horizon. Any experience with Horzon saws and comments please. Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horizon Archery arrow saw?

Ya its Junk
Ill do you a favor and take it off your hands
I will even throw in 20 dollars and pay for the shipping for that ol piece of crap
Old 11-29-2004, 03:27 AM

More help please,

Bigpapascout, thanks for the reminder I got from the link at the bottom of your post! Everyone needs that reminder! And thanks for your offer, but I think I'm going to keep the saw. I have not built my own arrows from blanks yet, but have fletched my own for a while. I am attempting to set up my own shop in my basemant, personal use and friends use, and hope this saw will help save a little cash. Do you know anything about or have any experiences with Horizon saws? It looks like a good saw and runs smooth when turned on. Also, my buddy gave me a box of extra cutting disks. Do you need anything special for cutting carbon arrows as far as disks or will regular disks just wear faster then specially made disks for carbon? Heck any information about arrow building would be great, tips, advice, any info that would help get me going! Thanks again!
Old 11-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bownutty
the Horizon saw is as good as you can get well it was worth a try[8D]
yes you will need to buy cut off disks especially for cutting carbon shafts
if you use a standard cutoff wheel they will splinter the ends and leave a rough cut
you can get the carbon cut off disks from Lancaster they are very delicate so be very careful when installing them on the arbor because if you are not careful they will crumble in youre hand but will last a good long time if you use them for carbon only but will wear out a lot faster cutting aluminum shafts.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:48 PM

i always get my arrows cut from both ends, not just one. when they are out it is usually at the ends.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:40 AM

Thanks to the both of you!
Old 11-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet
Good advice
by cutting both ends you are more likley to get a straiter arrow and a stronger end for Nocks.