Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New Mathews Bows are online >

New Mathews Bows are online

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Mathews Bows are online

Old 11-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Mathews Bows are online

Right Here

Haven't checked them out yet, going to do that right after I post this

Looks like one named "Switchback". I guess in case you left the fold and want back in...
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 AM

Default RE: New Mathews Bows are online

Cant say i'm overly impressed. The Switchback looks like Mathews response to Bowtechs Allegiance. The cam on this seems interesting. I plan on trying this one out it may surprise me and be a real shooter. But the real shocker was that Conquest Apex. A MSRP of $1249 you have got to be kidding!!! One other thing Mathews seems to have new is some new strings, called the Zebra Baraccuda strings, I hope they are better than the old zebra twists
Old 11-15-2004, 08:36 AM

Here is the press release on the Switchback from Mathews website.

New Mathews Switchback … The Best Way to the Top!
Monday, November 15, 2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

New Mathews Switchback … The Best Way to the Top!

Mathews, the inventor of single-cam technology, and many other revolutionary compound bow innovations, announces for 2005 the introduction of its most innovative bow ever—the Mathews Switchback.

Mathews’ all-new Cobra Cam with dual perimeter weighted technology is at the center of this performance. It has allowed Switchback to be designed with a generously comfortable 7-inch brace height. Yet, Switchback clocks a sizzling 318 fps (approx.) IBO rating. That’s right … it’s silky smooth and it sizzles!

Also, Mathews, the leader in vibration-canceling, super-silent performance has taken another step higher with two more harmonic dampers, these built into its innovative Roller Guard.

Switchback is aptly named—the smartest, most efficient way to the top of the mountain, a Mathews quest since the company began business in 1992. Combining Mathews’ innovations like single-cam technology, the perimeter-weighted cam, harmonic dampers, string suppressors, parallel limb design, roller guard, In-Line grip, V-Lock limb cups, etc. along with new-for-2005 innovations, Switchback has proven in laboratory testing to be Mathews’ best design ever!

The new Mathews Switchback … the best way to the top!

Mathews SWITCHBACK Specifications

IBO Rating: 318 fps (approx.)
AMO Rating: 241 fps (approx.)
Cam: StraightLine Cobra (with dual perimeter weights)
Draw length: 26-30 inches (half sizes from 26 1/2-29 1/2)
Draw weight: 40-70 pounds
Axle-to-axle: 33 inches (approx.)
Brace height: 7 inches (approx.)
Physical weight: 4.34 pounds (approx.)
Let-off: 65% (approx.) or 80% (approx.)

Contact: Mathews, 919 River Rd., P.O. Box 367, Sparta, Wisconsin 54656 or call (608) 269-2728. Visit www.mathewsinc.com
Old 11-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's it?????
Old 11-15-2004, 05:32 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Just one new hunting bow? What (if any) changes were made to the Outback, LX, etc.?
Old 11-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Switchback at first glance seems more comparable to the Patriot... 33" a-to-a, 7-inch brace height, but anywhere from 2-10 fps slower and a good bit more mass. I'm guessing they'll say it's smoother, though after Pat let me shoot the Patriot SC I know it'd be hard to top.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

That's it?????

I believe they are suppost to release the full line later in the year.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

from what I understand.. they released 2 bows now.. and 2 more at the ATA show... I'm guessing that since they are listening to what people are asking for... we might actually see a revamped MQ1.. or something like it.. Glad to see them copying Bowtech.. by actually giving people what they are asking for... it just takes them a few more years....

Hmm... 2 weight disks in the cams.. why didn't they think of that 7 yrs ago? Harmonic dampners in the cable roller.... what an innovation [:-] ... "Barracuda Zebra Strings".. how much you wanna bet they are TS1.. (or possibly 452x).. wow that's innovation..

Glad to see at least Bowtech came out w/ some "REAL" innovations!!!

There was another thread on AT that started a rumor that "Escalade might be buying Mathews..." Bwahahahahahahahaha
Old 11-15-2004, 09:49 PM

You all bash Mathews, but that does not seem like that bad of a bow right there, definently peaks me interest more than the Outback did!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

If that thing draws like the Outback and really puts out that kind of speed and is as quiet as the Outback, they are going to sell a ton of those. I do think they are responding to Bowtech, even with the string change. And once again they release early in the areas where they are the most vulnerable in terms of the competition. I know that from a Bowtech perspective, it's not earth shattering. But for the Mathews loyalists it's enough.

I'll bet that the Switchback will be one of the hottest sellers this year.

Quick Reply: New Mathews Bows are online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.