Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hybrid cams

Old 11-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hybrid cams

Thanks. With your ailments and injuries, do you find it easier to pull peak early, middle or later in the draw cycle?

I ask because off the top of my head, I can think of 3 different hybrid cam(s) that fit each bill...
Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 AM

do you find it easier to pull peak early, middle or later in the draw cycle?

I ask because off the top of my head, I can think of 3 different hybrid cam(s) that fit each bill...

rangeball, can i ask what hybrids you are referring to that "pull peak early, middle and later in the draw cycle?"
Old 11-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early- Most recent versions of Darton CPS

Middle- I think Mcpherson Magneto cam, perhaps AR as well

Later- Merlin Omega, Hoyt Cam.5

If I recall correctly
Old 11-17-2004, 03:20 PM

If I can get it started, I can get it back. The pain occurs early in the draw cycle, so I like cams that start out a bit easier.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Straight arrow, if I can make a suggestion??? Why don't you try a Martin bow with Nitrous cams. It's quite an easy cam to draw for a speedster. It's possible you can roll this over at a lighter weight (50 lbs ?????) and still maintain enough speed to do what you want. I don't know. Just a suggestion.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:00 PM

I'm shooting at 65 lbs right now and am not having any pain with the hybrid cam I'm shooting. Speed isn't something I'm even the least bit interested in. If it's over 150 fps with my hunting arrow, I'm all set.

70 lb single cams were causing my shoulder a lot of pain. It didn't take much to get rid of the hurt - just 5 lbs less draw weight and a slightly smoother draw cycle.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Straight arrow, if I can make a suggestion??? Why don't you try a Martin bow with Nitrous cams. It's quite an easy cam to draw for a speedster
I found the opposite to be true , very stiff draw cycle , thats how they get all that speed . I had to get rid of mine because it was too much for the shoulder .
Old 11-21-2004, 06:01 PM

well alot of things to say on this subject, but what i say is just my opinion and what I like.I say that for h untign bows the 2 cam bows or as you call them hybrid cams, they are great for hunting , but for me that is wherei draw it.I rather have a single cam and around 70% let off as i liek to hold into a solid hard wall, that allow little or no creep.As you can probally guess I shoot the AR bows, I liek the 34 axle to axle bow and I have 3 of them that shoot great.I have s hot most every bow out here, and i still say to me my ar bows feel the best for what i like.So In this i will conclude the bow is like clothes they have to fit you and what you like.we all can debate on cams and bows all day, but If you shoot all bows and you give 100%bias likes and dislikes you will pick the right bow for you., and by all means dont pick a bow due to all ya freinds shoot them or you liek the name, As I always say the bow is only as good as the shooter, and most mistakes come form the dip behind the grip. good luck see you in the southern triple crown
Old 11-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ijimmy, I suggested the Martin Nitrous cam because it is a very smmoth cam compared to most others. Where all the speed comes from I do not know, but I get it.

Starightarrow, my suggestion was made only as such. My point being that you can achieve decent speeds without having to draw heavy weight. And I even consider 65lbs heavy--and especially so for hunting deer sized game. Totally unecessary. All it does is kill shoulders over the long run.

Anyway, I was only trying to help.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

While I'm a big fan of the 3 track system, if I wanted to shoot a hybrid, I would have to agree with my friend Pinwheel 12 and go with the Merlin Omega cams, because of the reasons he already mentioned.
Anything Merlin makes is of the utmost craftsmanship.

Sag.

Quick Reply: hybrid cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.