Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bear Flare info? >

Bear Flare info?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bear Flare info?

Old 11-08-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Bear Flare info?

Hey all,I picked up a Bear bow this weekend from my Brother-in-law.He bought it for his fiancee' but she couldn't pull it back so he asked if I wanted to buy it since I had mentioned something about wanting a bow awhile back.It says Bear Flare on the bottom limb.I'm assuming this is the model.I am new to bows and this is my first bow.Does anyone have any info or specs(draw weight,fps,let off#,etc)on this bow.Also any idea on how old it is and if it is a decent bow.A friend gave me some of his old arrows and a trigger and we shot it Sunday.I think I like it but I have nothing to compare to as it is the only bow I have shot.It doesn't feel like it has alot of let off.It does shoot faster than his bow which I can't really pull back.His is a Pearson Cherokee II.Thanks.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:49 PM

Default RE: Bear Flare info?

Bump.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Kevin,
If i remember correctly, the bear flare was made in 1988-89, it had 50% letoff.
I think it was around 44" in length, as far as draw weight , you could get it in 45-60 and 55-70.
couldn't tell you the speed thing, but it was decent for back then.
The bow should have a spec. tag on the bottom limb, for string length and poundage, draw length.
If the string looks fuzzy or frayed, i would have a bow shop check it over, also check for cracks in the limbs.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:31 PM

Found the spec tag.It was covered up by some felt camo tape.The boxes with draw wieght and draw legnth,etc are empty though.The string looks to be in decent shape.Only one very small bit of white showing on one strand.Couldn't find any cracks on the limbs.The draw is long but I have long arms so it seems to fit me ok.I'll probably get another bow eventually but if this one is decent I'm not going to get in any hurry.I think I would like a different arrow rest though.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:53 PM

I adjusted the draw wieght last night.Turned it all the way up in equal increments and then let the limbs out until I was comfortable with it. Went by the bow shop today and had the draw wieght checked. It is at 55lbs right now.They also said my string is still OK.I'm hoping after I've been shooting awhile I can turn it up to 60lbs but right now I think thats too much for me.