Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Does anybody shoot Slick Trick broadheads? >

Does anybody shoot Slick Trick broadheads?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does anybody shoot Slick Trick broadheads?

Old 11-08-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Does anybody shoot Slick Trick broadheads?

Do you have to buy them directly from the manufacturer, I haven't seen them for sale anywhere?
Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does anybody shoot Slick Trick broadheads?

You can buy them from slicktrick.net

I have shot them the past two years. They are excellent heads. If you do a search in the bowhunting forum I posted a pic of one of the exit holes they punched. Excellent heads!

Go to the bottom of the page in the bowhunting forum in the search box type slick trick for your search.

All 4 deer I have shot with the heads were passthroughs with great blood trails.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 PM

I also shoot slick tricks. Awesome broadheads, I ordered them from www.slicktrick.net
Old 11-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

I am up to 9 animals with the Slick Tricks. Great broadhead. Durable, and unbelievable accuracy. Besides their website you can get them at archeryexperts.com also. You will be impressed if you try some.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to have to give them a go next year.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:11 AM

use em and love em!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:56 PM

I went to the website and looked at these. Nice looking heads, but i'm a little leary. The blades are held on by the head being screwed into the arrow. I've had bad luck with this type of blade system before. Is there any reason to try these over the 4 blade Muzzys in the same weights? I currently have the Muzzys and love how the blades attach. It seems like they should fly about the same...

Just curious! I've heard great things about them!
Old 11-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could check out 5-shot's site broadheadtests.com. He found the heads to be very tough. I have shot them through 3/4" pine boards with no troubles. When I started tuning my bow this summer, it was off by a little, and Muzzys (4-blade and 3-blade), as well as Phantom heads were hitting somewhat higher than my field points. The Slick Tricks were hitting almost right with the field points, even when the bow tune was off by a bit. After I was finished tuning, they all shot well, but the Slick Tricks definitely seemed less sensitive to tuning than the Muzzys. The blade thickness is another reason to choose them.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

The blade retention system is very reliable. I used Muzzy's for years, so I not being critical of them at all. The slick Tricks are solid steel not Aluminum like Muzzy's. The blades are thicker, and there is no doubt they fly better than a Muzzy. I used Muzzy's for years and had good success, but these Slick Tricks fly so well, and penetrate as well as anything I have shot. Buy and a pack and judge for yourself. Only you can decide what is best for your set-up.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:32 AM

mjqood0, The blade retention system is alot different than you think. The retetion system is how it gets the name slick trick. I have to put fourth an effort to get the blades out. It is a very unique system.

Quick Reply: Does anybody shoot Slick Trick broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.