Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Which Cut-On Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead? >

Which Cut-On Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which Cut-On Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead?

Old 11-08-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Which Cut-On Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead?

I have been thinking about switching from mechanicals to a fixed blade broadhead. No real reason, just for the heck of it. Anyway, I have been looking at the NAP Razorback 100, the Satellite Titan 100 and the Magnus Stinger 100. Who has tried these and what is your opinion of them?
Thanks
Old 11-08-2004, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Which Cut-On Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead?

Let me see if I can sum this up
-razor sharp out of package
-spin true, guaranteed
-Stainless Steel blades
-absolutely unconditional lifetime guarantee, you shoot into a cinder block, you get a new head
-the owner stands out professionally, and is just a really nice guy
-fly like your field points

Magnus Stingers, of course.

JMAC
Old 11-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have to agree on the Stingers. I'd go with the 4 blade version.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stay away from the titains they are junk. The new razorbacks are good heads, but not as versitale as the stingers. You can't replace any of the blades if they get bent. The Stingers are replaceable, as well as resharpenable and they have a lifetime replacement policy.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:29 AM

What about Muzzys 4 blade?
Old 11-09-2004, 08:09 AM

I had sucess with the magnus stinger four blade 100 grain. I found it easy to tune and they flew good and hit right with the field points.
I took a deer with one in Sept. . blood trail was ok, found the deer about 60 yards from where it was shot.
I use both mechanicals and fixed blades, so far from what I have seen, a 1 1/4 inch mechanical will put the deer down a bit quicker than the smaller fixed blade, arrow placement being the same. So, since I find this to be true, I have a tendency to use mechanicals when I think I'll have a close in shot ( 25 yards or less) If I think the deer will present the shot from 30 to 40 yards I'll use a fixed, depends on what stand I'm in.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Magnus Stinger. It's my first year using them and thus far they fly great and I got a complete passthrough on the one deer I've shot with them so far.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the magnus stingers. It is really nice being able to sharpen your blades instead of having to replace them at about $3 a shot! Also the penetration on two blades like that is amazing. Only downside is on a liver hit the deer will have one less cut and will go further. This wouldn't matter for lungs or heart because the lungs collapse and heart stops beating no matter what the size of the hole.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

didnt BOB FOULKROD use the sattelite titan tnt-s?. i bought a set years ago because of his use of them.i use spit-fires and grim reapers. im too lazy to tune GO FIGURE?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:29 AM

My buddy absolutly loves the razorbacks, but personally I prefer the montecs by G5

Quick Reply: Which Cut-On Contact Fixed Blade Broadhead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.