Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop Zone making noise >

Drop Zone making noise

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop Zone making noise

Old 11-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drop Zone making noise

Hey guys, I just help a buddy set up his bow, we go t everything working great. It's paper tuned... everything but there seems to be a noixe coming from the rest. It's some what of a vibration sound. I have one on my razortec and have had no problem whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everything is tight, we took the sight off to make sure it wasn't that. We are sure that it is coming from the rest. His setup is a 2003 LX. Thanks for your help and time.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:15 PM

Default RE: Drop Zone making noise

I've got one on my Bowtech Justice and I'm getting a noise that I'm not sure whether it's the Dropzone or the string. The arm that holds the arrow seems awlful loose on the shaft that it slides up and down on. I wonder if this is normal?
Old 11-03-2004, 10:26 PM

I had a Vital Bow Gear rest which had a spring on the side and it always made vibrating noises after a shot. Now I have a Trophy Taker. It is very quiet and I'm pleased with it. I'm not familiar with the rest you are talking about but if it has an exposed spring perhaps it is just vibrating on impact of the bow?
Old 11-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a tech tip on adding a small pieve of string leech beneath where the launcher arm lands inside the housing. It is supposed to make the rest quiter.

I have yet to do this to mine, but will say that when I recently reinstalled my Shaky hunter it was ALOT quieter. I ended up using the drop zone, but know in the back of my mind an even quiter bow could be had if I ever switch this rest.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I found the post for the string leach piece, and i will try it tonight. still wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Like I said Mine is as quiet as can be. Thanks to all.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:16 PM

What Dave suggested will work. Also, make sure the set screw is tight. I had mine back out on me with several hundered shots.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright guys, I did the string leach thing and it's still making a vibrating noise. We took off the rest completely and it didn't make the noise at all. Any other ideas? I am my wit's end. thanks
Old 11-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take it back and buy a TKO[8D]
Old 11-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Are you sure all 4 Allen head screws are snug? They work in conjunction with each other so don't overtighten. You've got to tighten each one gradually, a little bit at a time, then move to the next head. Don't tighten one screw at a time.

Also, is your set screw snug? I'm referring to the one next to the screw that actually attaches the rest to the bow riser. It should dimple the riser to prevent the rest from rotating.

Is it noisy when you pull the cord manually and let it go, or when you actually draw the bow and shoot?

On a related note.......check yer module screws! They come loose, particularly on the Bowtechs.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fritz- yeah we made sure everything was tight and not too tight. I did tighten each one gradually also. Everything fits well, the sleeves around the screws and inside the springs are fine. Set screw and module screws are good also. The rest doesn't make any more noise than average when we manually pull the cord and release, just when we shoot it. We are going to take it back in a couple hours and get a different one. Wish me luck.

Quick Reply: Drop Zone making noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.