Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The Best Rest

Old 03-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The Best Rest

I am still the most impressed with the Golden Key Futura Premier series....the Golden Premier in particular....though the Bodoodle lineup isn't too far behind in my opinion.

Frank

Old 03-07-2002, 06:42 AM

MZE here.

John
Old 03-07-2002, 08:24 AM
tm
Fork Horn

Bodoodle Pro 500 old style or Pro Lite.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:38 AM
Spike

I 2nd the Bodoodle rests....
Old 03-07-2002, 09:46 AM

I have put Trophy Takers on both my bows. Foolproof, easy to adjust and install, rugged, and darn accurate!

_________
SuperX
Old 03-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a fixed rest,I'm a huge fan of the GK Premier Infinity

For a fall away,the new NAP Quicktune 4000. I had the chance to look over and study one at the Deer Classic this past weekend.It looks like the one I'll be buying this season.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:51 AM

With 3D almost anything will work, shoot whatever you feel comfortable with. However, when it comes to hunting, I'm particular about what's important and what isn't.

First, I doubt there is a rest on the market, that isn't accurate enough for hunting. You're not trying to catch a line, you are just attempting to hit a 9" kill zone and hopefully you're shooting at close range so the animal can't jump the string. The difference between the most accurate rest on the market and the least accurate rest on the market is insignificant in a hunting situation.

Second, adjustability means very little for a hunting situation. Take several weeks before the season to make sure your rest is adjusted properly and that your broadheads are flying true. This is not something you're going to change in the field. Once again, most rests will do fine in this area. No matter how difficult it is to adjust, all can be tuned to a level good enough to get your arrow flying straight.

Third, it must hold my arrow securely without any danger of the arrow falling off and alerting or scaring the animal. This applies not only to drawing, but just sitting with the bow on your lap. If it takes an effort on your part to keep the arrow on the rest, then it's not a good hunting rest. Lot's of rests don't do this well enough in my opinion.

Fourth, it must have as few moving parts and exposed or breakable pieces as possible. No exposed springs, strings, rubber attachments or none of that junk. Hunting involves going through brush and other stuff that can possibly cause one of these parts to fail. Hauling a bow in and out of tree stands can also be rough on bow accessories. If it isn't bullet proof then who would want it for hunting. Eliminate many more rests for deficiencies in this area.

I'm not sure how many rests are still in the ballgame at this point, but the one I use for hunting is. It's the whisker biscuit.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:59 PM

I prefer the bodoodle line over all others for most applications. The whisker biscuit gets my vote for an ideal hunting rest.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:18 PM

I've been using the same Golden Key 3-D Premier for 6 years now. Never had a single problem. For those not wishing to use a drop-away rest, this one gets my vote!!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:02 PM

Nice post straightarrow. Way to break it down. I got a Biscuit Droptine thrown in on a bow purchase that I was thinking seriously about puttin to work next season. You've gotta love the security it gives your arrow. Right now I'm shooting the Trophy taker and I'm very impressed with it's simplicity and ease of tuning. I think the Muzzy would make an excellent hunting rest but I can't imagine it being simple like I like.

Quick Reply: The Best Rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.