Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech decisions >

bowtech decisions

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech decisions

Old 10-29-2004, 07:57 PM

Default bowtech decisions

hey i need some help deciding wat type of bowtech bow to get heres my prob i can get any bowtech bow i want but im a beginner and dont know wat to get.some one plz help

my draw wieght is about 45#-48#
and my draw length is about 29-30
i will most likely be hunting boar and whitetail
but im only 14
i usually hunt with a rifel but its way too easy so id like to get seriously into bowhunting

does any one have suggestions thankyou
Old 10-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech decisions

my suggestion would be a single cam stalker to start with you can get one new for about 250.00
Old 10-29-2004, 08:30 PM

what about the blackhawk i was kinda leanin towards that but i dont know
Old 10-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi p-maannn, welcome to the forums. You've definately found a good website with tons of information and some very knowledgable BowTech shooters.

My advice (if it would be possible) would be to visit a local BowTech dealer and actually shoot a few of the bows that you are reading about. The specs might look good but the bow may/may not feel good when it's in your hands and that is what should matter the most. The more comfortable you are with the bow the better you will be able to shoot it. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up selecting.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:08 PM

ok thankyou ill look into doing that i got to find out if the shop near me lets you try the bows i think they do
Old 10-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pmaannn!

You definetly won't be dissapointed with any of th choices ,they're a top of class company who'll alway's be there for thier customer's .If i were you I'd try going with a 60# toned down a bit .You might like the mighty mite or the Tech 29 .You'll only be pulling 45lb's for a short time and then you'll be wanting something heavier ,so by the 60lber now and then you will not have to replace it for year's .Most people shoot a #60 all of thier lives and there is no need to go heavier,you can hunt any animal in North America with that wieght .Good luck to you on your choices. If you've narrowed it down to BowTech ,then that's the easy part ,now it's just choosing which BowTech you like the best.
I shoot 04 BowTech Patriot dually ,but it might not be for you ,so check them all out ,all of the bowTech model's come in the #60 model so you can have any bow of your choice in the bowTech line .Let us know what you choose .But as Jeremy say's shoot them all. I can't agree with him more.

nubo
Old 10-29-2004, 09:27 PM

nubo if i get the 60# i can definitly tune it down to about 45# ?
and how would i do it
Old 10-29-2004, 09:38 PM

do u think i should wait for the 05s

tahnks
Old 10-29-2004, 09:42 PM

how do i delete this
Old 10-29-2004, 11:58 PM

I've got a nephew that's about 14 years old and last summer he was shooting my 70 pound, 29 inch draw Justice like it was 45 pounds!!!! I tell ya he was grinin'

Quick Reply: bowtech decisions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.