Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 I have completed my 12 step program >

I have completed my 12 step program

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I have completed my 12 step program

Old 10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I have completed my 12 step program

Hi, my name is burnie, it has been over three months since I used a fixed broad head. lol. I know there is the big debate as to which is best, mechanical and fixed. I was always a fixed fan. I decided to try some steal head mechanicals and love them. I shot 400 lb boar the other night with them at 45 yards and was very impressed. Great big exit wond, blood every where, and the hog went down it about 20 yards. Im sold.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I have completed my 12 step program

Don't be ashamed. It is nice to see folks come forward and express their positive experiences with expandables.

...even if it is one that everyone says is a piece of junk because the blades aren't sharp and there aren't enough threads on the mount to screw into some inserts...securely.

Two for two with them this year myself.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Im sold. I went from muzzy three blade fixed (which are good) to slick trick fixed (which is great for a fixed), and now steal heads. Im open for any other suggestions. There are tons of mechanicals out there, Id like to know what is the best (Yep, I know that last question is going to get 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000 different responses)lol
Old 10-29-2004, 08:39 PM

are mechanicals legal in california
Old 10-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: p-maannn

are mechanicals legal in california
Yes, they are legal as long as the cutting diamater is greater than 7/8ths of an inch.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:30 AM

wat do you thinks better for whitetail and boar fixed or mechanical
Old 10-30-2004, 11:33 AM

and wat are some very reliable mechanicles that i could look into getting
[:-] thanks
Old 11-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

P-maannn
I use to use muzzy three blade, thunder head, and slick tricks for boar and whitetail. I have shot one deer and three boars with steal head mechanicals. I use 1 3/4 cut on both. I feel they do as good of a job, if not better than the fixed I used. The accuracy is much much better. Im a creature of habit, and switch gear very seldom. I am very pleased with mechanicals.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the large well known, established manufacturers make a good mech..NAP, Wasp, RM/Barrie etc.

I wanted to go the NAP Scorpion route, but I've had a devil of a time getting them to spin wobble free. 3 different packs on a variety of arrows. I've spent literally 45 minutes trying to get one head to spin w/out wobble. I believe it's the collars or the ends where the collars meet are not square. Never had the prob w/ shockwaves or Spitfires.. Stingers and Razorback spun well....:shrug:

So I'm back to what works for me: Rockets. Sidewinder 3 blades in particular. And I've had great luck with Steelheads too (though I prefer the 125s over the 100s). They aren't the sharpest out of the package, but they spin great, open fast, and leave some wicked-a$$ bloodtrails.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:00 AM

and wat are some very reliable mechanicles that i could look into getting
As mentioned the NAP shockwave and scorpion are very realiable. The rockets are realiable, not as sharp as the NAP, The expandables from Rocky Mt. are very realiable and sharp like the NAP's. I've tried all these and have never had a problem with any of them.

Quick Reply: I have completed my 12 step program

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.