Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 to tube or not to tube that is my question >

to tube or not to tube that is my question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

to tube or not to tube that is my question

Old 10-12-2004, 02:46 PM

Default to tube or not to tube that is my question

I am wondering what kind of peep is recomended I had a friend that used a peep that used the alinment tubing and it snaped and smacked him in the face also he said when he still hunted or went rabbit shooting it got stuck on every twig and everything else it could. are they worth the hassel doesn't seem like it but wondering what everyone thought
Old 10-12-2004, 02:59 PM

Default RE: to tube or not to tube that is my question

I had one, but I got a new peep. The tube could snap back and blind you. Your friend was lucky.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:06 PM

I really like the Fletcher Tru-Peep. No tubing.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 PM

I second the Fletcher. I use the super. Great for hunting at dawn and dusk. It will speed up your bow a few fps from the rubber stuff. http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop...53c19c7dda85c2
Old 10-12-2004, 06:03 PM

also consider the No-peep, i am going to try one after this season is over. I waited too long this year to get one put on and practice with it
Old 10-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

you will be please with NO tube.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

NO tube here too. I dont why youd want a big rubber thing pointing right at your eye
Old 10-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

How do these No Peeps work? had a peep before that the string was split 3 ways & it always seemed to leave one in the sight picture. I switched to a 1/4" peep wth a tube & really like the big peep but have to admit the tube can be a hassle. Can the no peep be had with a 1/4" aperture?
Thanx.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

Ive used a peep without a tube for the last few years and just today had a new peep put on with a rubber tube. Im not a real big fan of the tubes because of the fact that they wear out quick and could snap. The only reason i went back to one is because i got tired of turning my peep everytime i knocked an arrow so that i could see through it at full draw. I have a zebra zs twist string but it still has some twist. At least with the tube sight i know when i draw it will be where it needs to be. But i prefer the ones without the big chunk of rubber.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:09 PM

i had tubing on my peep sight on my ar34 ram.5. mine never stayed tied and wasnt too thrilled with something pointing at my eye so i removed it. my opinion my peep is just as good cuz i left the same peep in. just something else to have to worry about messing up i think. but im a rookie so im learning

Quick Reply: to tube or not to tube that is my question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.