Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Advice on an arrow spinner >

Advice on an arrow spinner

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Advice on an arrow spinner

Old 09-13-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Advice on an arrow spinner

Looking to purchase an arrow spinner. I saw Pine Ridge Arrow Inspector on cabelas site but that one looks kinda goofy. Have any of you used this one. Dixon Broadhead Tuner
looks a little better. Anyways just looking for some suggestions. THanks.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Advice on an arrow spinner

You dont have to spend a lot of money on a arrow spinner.
In fact you really dont have to spend any if you have an old shoe box laying around.
Just cut a V in each end
Old 09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have the arrow spin tester I got from Cabelas and it's well made. I shoot mainly carbons so I don't use it as much as I used too but it's still nice to have around.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:38 AM

Just curious, JimBow. How does using carbon shafts eliminate or reduce the need to spin check broadhead alignment?
Old 09-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

I actually just bought the roller parts and attached them to a sectioned piece of 2x4. It works quite well. Despite that fact I eventually decided to pick up the Pine Ridge spin tester as well and found it to be just as accurate.

Jimbow,

I can see how you might not be as concerned in terms of spinning carbons as they are not prone to bend like aluminums however, the carbon fiber can degrade over time and some shafts can be "not so straight" right out of the box. Truth be told, I normally spin test my arrows after determining that they do not group with the rest of the dozen though I should probably do it both before and after I initially shoot them.

Definitely a handy tool.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:48 AM

I shoot ACC and spin test every arrow I buy, I have found some that even when new are not as straight as others. I also spin test every arrow when I start to get set for hunting. I put my broadheads on and spin test until I find the best 6 arrows. Interestingly, some broadheads are not balanced well. If I have an arrow with a slight wobble I'll often change the broad head and re - spin it, only to find perfect allignment. Just my 2 cents.
I also just purchased the G5 arrow squaring device. Looks like it works well.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

I said Not as much not never, I still spin test my arrows. when I shot aluminum I had to spin test them alot more espically if I was shooting a 3d target. When I shoot ACCs I have to test them often also.
Now checking broadhead alingment is a diffrent story. Although I have found that my Axis arrows seem to be spin true when it comes to broadheads.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:29 AM

Here's mine. See the picture below. I made this out of stuff I had on hand, other than the rollers I purchased from Home Depot. It works very well. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown

Old 09-19-2004, 10:49 AM

Just use a big old heavy duty magnet Hold the magnet with one hand and "stick" the point to the magnet and let the arrow hang while spinning it with the other hand. You'll find that the arrow spins without resistance and can be actually spun with a small fan or hair dryer