Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 APA Ultimate twister >

APA Ultimate twister

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

APA Ultimate twister

Old 08-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default APA Ultimate twister

I just picked one of these up in trade over on AT. Thought they looked worthy of a good hunting rest. Whats the word on these?

Looks to be a great containment rest for a drop away. Any one have any experience? I should have it in 2 - 3 days. I look forward to toying with it.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: APA Ultimate twister

There were a couple on the BowTech bows at the ATA show. I was pretty impressed, after getting pounded with thousands of arrows day in & day out, they never failed or loosened up to my knowledge. I can't say that for some of the other rests and sights we were given by other companies to "advertise" on the bows.

It has a real slick timing adjustment, and was pretty quiet for a drop-away. Full containment was sweet.

You should pm Matt/PA. He ordered one after the show..still shooting it I believe on his Liberty.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks jeff.

I will give it a day or so if Matt doen't chime in I will send him a PM. Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whatcha wanna know?..........
It isn't leaving my Liberty anytime soon I can tell ya that.
I REALLY like it alot.

Dead silent, full containment, very adjustable and tunable, consistent and very accurate.
It shoots every bit as accurate as any finely tuned target rest I've shot even for 3D competition with the added benefit of that full containment.

The combination of this rest and the Timberline No-Peep allows me to just draw and shoot with both eyes open never even having to glance at my rest to make sure the arrow is there. Very confident rest.

I did a review on it here.........I'll see if I can find it?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok I found my first review on the APA Ultimate Twister.....minus the pictures (I canned them of my hosting site a while back)

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...=1&key=twister

I still am not sure why this rest hasn't caught more attention.......all the benefits of your other cord acutaed rests....Trophy Takers, Quik Tune drops etc, combined with the security of a Whisker Bisquit![:-]
I've shot a bunch of Drop Aways and the only one that I feel as secure using in a treestand is the Muzzy Zero effect, and maybe even moreso.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt/PA, question for ya...

I've heard that the prongs on the original designs were a little flimsey. Was this the case and if it was, did they fix it? I really did like the looks of the rest all around. Full containment and as quiet as the MZE. That was the only factor that kinda held me back.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzyman,
I wouldn't call the launcher arm "Flimsy", but you can bend it if you really wrench on one side or the other.
The prongs are nothing more than the ends of the containment loop and since they don't have a close point of attachment the will flex a bit if you pull on the ends.........even if you do so (I did it to see) they spring back to their priginal position. I think you would have to really pull sideways with some force to cause a permanent change.
I don't know if they beefed this arm up or not, but after shooting it for some time now I don't think it's totally necessary.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did a review on the rest a while back. I found it reliable, and resonably simple to setup and tune. It doesn't offer the full clearance of some drop aways, but it does give you the full containment feature many bowhunters like. If you like the idea of a containment style drop away The twister would be a good choice.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for all the help guys. I appericiate it!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I almost took the plunge on this rest this summer, but couldn't put my NAP drop away down. I like the rest and have confidence in it. But, once season is over........well.......who knows.