Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Lost my release........UPDATE !! >

Lost my release........UPDATE !!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lost my release........UPDATE !!

Old 08-25-2004, 12:03 PM

Default Lost my release........UPDATE !!

Here I am..........one week before my big mulie hunt !! Been practicing all year for this hunt..............focussing religiously on 50-70 yrd shots........and have gotten confident in those !! My bow is tuned .........arrow sorted out for the hunt !! And WTF .....????

Work has gotten crazy........hardly anytime to shoot the last two weeks and only a day or two free before I leave for my trip next week !!

Then I loose my freakin' release ...........I have no idea how.......had that ole Scott Mongoose for 7 years or so !! [&o]

Went to the Pro-shop today..........nothing but Lil-gooses..........guess that's going to have to do !! [&:]

I'll go home tonight .......unpackage it........get it fitting and play with the trigger tension............hopefully all will go well...........d@mn at the luck !! [>:]

Do you guys think going to a Lil Goose will change my shooting much ? I got big hands !!

A good archer would persevere..........wouldn't he ??? I should probably quit whining and get this !@#$ figured out !!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lost my release........week before my big hunt !!

I think you'll be just fine once you get that Lil-goose fitted.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not make a bad situation worse, but you could have overnighted a release form Cabela's and had what you really wanted. In all honesty thought I think you already answered your question:

A good archer would persevere..........wouldn't he ???
You'll be fine! Just practice up and get used to that smaller barrel. Good luck on your Mulie hunt...we want pics!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 01:13 PM

I agree you'll be fine. Shoot a couple of rounds and get used to the feeling of the new release and you'll be good to go.

One question though, Do you not normally carry a spare release?
Old 08-25-2004, 01:25 PM

One question though, Do you not normally carry a spare release?
I smart man would........wouldn't he ??? I haven't ever..........my old Scott Mongoose has never failed..........and I have always kept it with my bow....never had trouble finding it before yesterday !!

Jason..........would've ordered Cabelas .........but I leave for Atlanta tomorrow too early and won't be back here until Sunday !!! Then get back...work for 3 days and leave !! Tonight I will shoot and hopefully get one evening next week .....so hopefully things will come together fast !!

Not sure I'll be posting any pic's ..........the guide explicitly asked me not to last year !! I didn't kill one last year or shoot .........passed on some nice ones .........cause I saw some monsters !! I don't know why he is the way he is about it..........and I didn't ask.........but if that's the way he wants it ...........I'll respect his wishes !! I'll ask again !!

Thanks for the positive comments guys !! Can't believe I let this !@#$ happen to me !! [8D]
Old 08-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure I'll be posting any pic's ..........the guide explicitly asked me not to last year !! I didn't kill one last year or shoot .........passed on some nice ones .........cause I saw some monsters !! I don't know why he is the way he is about it..........and I didn't ask.........but if that's the way he wants it ...........I'll respect his wishes !! I'll ask again !!
Any chance you're hunting on land he doesn't have permission to be on, such as preserves or parks that could be recognized?

IIRC, some big time guy got busted cause someone recognized terrain from his elk video and it turned out he was hunting in non-hunting areas of Yellowstone...

Just a thought.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lost mine when i was doing the duty in the woods and got up and just walked away with it left on the ground!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:03 PM

Any chance you're hunting on land he doesn't have permission to be on, such as preserves or parks that could be recognized?

IIRC, some big time guy got busted cause someone recognized terrain from his elk video and it turned out he was hunting in non-hunting areas of Yellowstone...

Just a thought.
Range.........A good presumption !! But I only hunted on his farm and another guys (that I met.....hung out with.......gave me some moose jerky ) last year........so all of it was legit !! I think he's just kinda hermitish !!
Old 08-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to be a stick in the mud Brent, but given only a couple shooting sessions at most, I'd be wanting the same exact release. Just the difference in length between the jaws and trigger between those two releases could cause issues (going to affect your anchor point and/ or effective draw length)

If it were me, I'd order a Mongoose from Cabelas overnight or what have you, so it will be back by the time you return from Atlanta.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 season's ago I lost 2 releases in 3 outing's ,how's that for luck .I agree with Jeff every time you use a new release it changes but it doesn't take long to break in a new one either .but as I can see you don't have a lot of time .

nubo

Quick Reply: Lost my release........UPDATE !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.