Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Muzzys shooting low! >

Muzzys shooting low!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Muzzys shooting low!

Old 08-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzys shooting low!

My 100 grain Muzzys are shooting 2-3 inches low from bullseye at 20 yards. Dead center just low. My field tips are all in the bullseye. I was told to lower my nock does this sound right? The store set up my bow. Also if I lower my nock wont that set my field tips off? I have a Bowtech Patriot set at 72 pounds. 29 1\4" Goldtip XT hunter carbons 5575. With a 29" draw. Does this sound correct otherwise the pro shop has some answering to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes my field tips are also 100 grain.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:21 PM

Default RE: Muzzys shooting low!

I would try a different head first....
Also see how they fly...they are longer so f.o.c. is futher forward which will cause the arrow to drop sooner. I would mark the site and adjust that instead.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

That is not unusual. (Make sure your bow is paper tuned)
If they group good, they might be wind plaining. Above 260fps is known for this. You can try a smaller profile B-head like Wasp-Boss. Most people just make the proper sight adjustment for their broadheads before hunting season. This is where a good sight comes in. The better sights have a master adjustment so all your pins or scope can be moved. I tell people to make a mark on the back of this adjustment where your F-point and B-heads fly. (Make sure your bow is paper tuned first)
Old 08-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

No one has mentioned vane length. I wanted more speed and was set up with 25 gr less tips and the vanes were 1" shorter and I had the same problem. The guy swore they were long enough[:@] .I went back to longer vanes and problem solved today. And when I get back to the pro shop I have some bitc%@#n to do. Good Luck
Old 08-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Tribal, what rest are you using?
If it's a drop away, pull up a seat-

I ran into the same thing this week with muzzy 3 blades. Although I no-longer hunt with them I start my tuning with them. if I can get them to fly my other heads are gravy.

Anyhow, my nock point on my patriot was already at dead square, so instead of lowering it any further I went on a hunch I learned w/ my last bowtech and shortened my dropaways pull cord. I did by 1/4" (it was already TIGHT at full draw) and my muzzies went from 2" low to 1" high. Sounds silly I know, but the infinity cam and drop aways don't mix to well. The "I" cam likes to have at least 2-2.5" of arrow travel on the rest before it leaves, otherwise it will kick the nock point down at the end of the shooting sequence (from what I've read).

The only problem I now face is in order to have my TT rest shooting BH and fieldpoints together w/ the nock at dead square, the pull chord is fighting me at full draw- TOO TIGHT. Some fools never learn........

Hey Rack, you out there? same crap different year, different bow[:-]lol!