Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mathews vs. Hoyt >

Mathews vs. Hoyt

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews vs. Hoyt

Old 08-18-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Mathews vs. Hoyt

I'm ready to go pick up a Outback but I don't want to leave one leaf unturned. I have shot the Legacy and the Outback and am leaning towards the Outbacak. How are the Hoyt bows? I would be looking at the Xtec or the Razortec if I went with Hoyt. Any comment or suggestions would be much appreciated. How is it keeping the cams in time? Thanks ahead of time guys.
Greg.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mathews vs. Hoyt

I just bought an extec! it is friggin awsome, quite,fast and no vibration. Shot both and went with Hoyt!!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:04 AM
PLB

I went to the pro shop to buy an Outback or LX, I shot several different brands of bows to include the two Mathew's bows and Hoyt. I ended up with the Xtec. It is a fantastic bow.

I thought the draw and vibration (virtually none) between the Outback and Xtec were about the same. The Xtec seemed a little faster (splitting hairs). The big difference for me was that I have a 30.5 in draw. The Outback is only 31 ATA and at full draw felt aquward to me. The Xtec is around 35 ATA.

If I were a little guy with a 27 to 28 draw, I would be a tougher choice, but I would probably look at the Supertec to gain some speed with a short draw. Just my opinion.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:18 AM

I shoot mathews legacy and I'm really please with it. But, as always, buy the one you feel more comfortable and confident in. I dont think you can choose wrong.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot both the outback and the xTec. FOR ME I liked the xTec. You owe it to yourself to shoot both and make your own decision. Both are great bows but everyone likes something different. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:28 AM

The hoyt tec bows are far superior to anything Mathews has in thier line up.
But wait the 05 models should be coming out in October.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like others, I shot a few before deciding. I shot an Outback, and also a Bowtech Liberty and Justice. I settled on the Xtec after shooting it. Extremely quiet and vibration free bow. It also balances far better than the long riser VFT style bows IMO.

Shoot em all, then decide on what you like best. No one else can tell you what you like best except you.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hoyt tec bows are far superior to anything Mathews has in thier line up.
But wait the 05 models should be coming out in October.
Just so we dont confuse anyone , that sentence should have started with or ended with "in my opinion"!

In my opinion you cant go wrong with either company , they both make awesome bows and neither is superior to the other in any way.
I have a Mathews Icon and Hoyt Ultratec.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:45 PM

Go to your local pro shop and give the X-TEC a test drive i know you will love it ! now if you like a short axle - axle look at the Viper -Tec . i have the Havoc-Tec 31" axle -axle the viper -tec is the new short hoyt bow this year .
Old 08-19-2004, 07:54 PM

My dad has a razortec and i knew from shooting his that i didnt like the grip on it. It is way to small for my big hands, and i would start to bleed on the top of my hand from the bow tipping back. I shot the Outback and i liked it a lot, when he was setting it up with all my goodies i picked up an Xtec, it felt even worse on my hands then the razortec did. After he set up my Outback i was shooting 6shot groups that i could put 1 hand around at 20 yards, i knew that that was the bow for me. People say that the smaller the grip the better, (less torque) but the big grip on the Outback feels perfact in my hand, and i shoot it great too, and thats what matters.

Quick Reply: Mathews vs. Hoyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.