Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ultranock

Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ultranock

Anyone ever used the nock before. It is like a string loop but it is metal and you have to screw it in the string. Jay Gregory used to use it on the wild outdoors. I know you will lose speed with this. Anyone have any experience with this product?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:06 PM

Default RE: Ultranock

hello..i shoot with one and have for 10years. u do not screw it into the string....at attaches with the 2 screws around the string. i like it and u do not lose much speed. i am shooting a blk max 68lb acc's 95gr muzzy....hurricane release. i am thinking about going back to the 3 finger type. i would recommend it. i have to strighten it here and there, but that is not a big deal. buy yourself a pack of thoe small drivers from home depot. they like 6 of them in there...different sizes. there is one in there that fits the small screw perfectly....will not strip out. try it...it is only like 8 bucks at walmart or less. i think that u will like it.

LeMond
Old 08-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

They can sometimes cause string breakage , I would chouse a loop way before useing one .
Old 08-13-2004, 09:05 AM

I have heard all kinds of bad stuff about them. I used one for while and experience none of them, other than the weight. The biggest gripes about them is they are a little expensive, they add a lot of weight to your string, and not all releases work well with them.

Other than that mine worked really well and was easy to put on. I never had any string or serving problems with it, and it never flew off or anything. It was pretty accurate as well. I took it off just because of the weight issue. I shoot right off the string now.

Paul
Old 08-14-2004, 09:53 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Go to any archery website and do a search on "string loop" or "ultranock" and you'll find 90% of the respondents prefer the string loop. I switched from those metal loops to a string loop a long time ago and have never regretted it.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

I have the Ultra Nok XL and love it. It's just so darn easy to hook up to.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tried them and won't use another on. I much much prefer a string loop to the metal loops.

Metal loops are noisier, can wear your release jaws, can hang up on your release jaws, hurt like hell if they hit your arm, four more screws to work loose on your bow, do not flex and twist like a string loop does to reduce tourque on your string, cost about 10 times as much as a piece of string, slow your bow/ arrow down, screw heads can be stripped out, must be unscrewed every time you need to move your nocking point when tuning your bow where as a string loop just twists around the serving, length can not be adjusted like with a string loop, so on and so on.

The string loop is far superior to a metal loop.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:09 PM

bigbulls hit it right on the head!
Old 08-15-2004, 06:37 AM

I had a Ultra Nok XL on my bow for maybe 1 1/2 years and really liked it. Before shooting I always checked the bow over to be sure all screws were tight. I got back to maybe 2/3 of full-draw when the Nok broke in half where my release attached and I smacked myself in the mouth. My son looked at me and asked how that had felt.(smart-aleck kid) After taking off the remains of the Ultra-Nok from my string, I tied a string-loop back on and will definitely stay with that. Jason took his Ultra-nok off also and learned how to tie on a string-loop. I guess anything that can break, will. TerryE
Old 08-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TerryE

I guess anything that can break, will. TerryE

Very true. That is why I shoot the Ultra Nok. I believe metal has a higher tensile strength than string.