Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
the CUBE  VS  BLOCK anyone >

the CUBE VS BLOCK anyone

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

the CUBE VS BLOCK anyone

Old 02-26-2002, 04:41 PM

Default the CUBE VS BLOCK anyone

im buyin a new target and ive heard some conflicting stories. im mainly gonna shoot my feild points but it will get the broadheads now and again. is the block that much better? it seems pricier. tell me about them both or just the one youve shot.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the CUBE VS BLOCK anyone

I have a Block which I have shot now for 3 years and its just starting to get "weak" in the center from being shot at so much. But all I do is shoot at a better spot and no problems! It has at least another year of life in it! One friend shot a broadhead in it once! Broadhead didnt come out!!! Still in my block! So...I wasnt impressed with it as far as using a broadhead! But with field tips its great!
Old 02-26-2002, 08:11 PM

I purchased the Cube last year and I'll never buy another one. The problem is it eats arrows with field points. I must have 2 dozon carbon arrows broke off inside the target. I've used everything including silicone,car wax,furniture wax. Bar soap works the best but still won't break lose if you hit certian areas of the Cube. The Cube uses randum cut material in the core and it must rap around the arrow and you can't pull them out. I had to cut my arrows out in order to pull them or they broke off in the process. Broad heads are a little better but if the blades have a straight shoulder they can be tough to pull. Now all I shoot are cabons so maybe alumiums are better. My next target won't be a Cube. The few dollars I saved I lost 3 fold on arrows broke off inside the target.JERRY
Old 02-26-2002, 08:12 PM

I have a Cube target and will only use it to tune my broadheads. I was disappointed with this product because it began falling apart (getting cut to pieces, actually) after only a dozen shots with broadheads. Maybe this is to be expected since broadheads are designed to cut the sh%t out of stuff. Shooting carbons with field tips was ok but getting them out was a real pain. They sunk into the target with about half the arrow coming out the back and I had to kneel on the target and pull with both hands to remove them. I didn't try using any arrow lube. The broadheads come out a lot easier but you have to pull carefully and follow the 'entrance wound' to get the head out without pulling the guts out of the target core.

My verdict: The Cube is worth the money if you need a broadhead target. Mine should last one more season (a total of two). For regular shooting with field tips, get a good quality bag target. I have never shot into the Block, too expensive for me.

The Mouse
Old 02-26-2002, 10:05 PM

Bought the block a few weeks ago and while it was pricey, I think I made a good investment on a target. I don't leave mine outside 24-7, I store it in the garage. I am happy with my purchse though. It does what a target should do and seems to be pretty sturdy. Instead of buying bag after bag why not just spend the cash and get the block? You won't be disappointed if you buy it...it's just a little costly in my opinion
Old 02-26-2002, 11:34 PM

I dropped about $100 on a Morrell Eternity target (I think thats the right model). It's white and not too heavy. The good thing about it, is that no foam falls off it after shooting and arrows pull out with ease. My local pro shop said he's had his for 5 years and literally shot 5000 arrows into it and only changed the outside cover.
Bryan
Old 02-27-2002, 03:02 AM

I have the block and I'm very happy with it so far. I think the thing to do is to make sure you shoot into it with layers running up and down instead of vertical. It looks wrong because of the way "the block" is printed on the target,but it works alot better that way.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Cube and am surprised with the negative responses above.I have had it 3yrs and have shot ACC's at nearly 290fps at it and have never had trouble pulling an arrow or losing points or inserts in it.I use it primarily for my broadhead shooting and it is now starting to get shot up a good bit after 3yrs of pretty heavy use.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:49 AM

I have the Humongo and it holds up great. Also about 1/3 the cost of a cube and it is larger so you don't need to worry as much about a backstop. One of the guys at my pro-shop has had one for 3 years and it is still going strong. He rotates and flips it every so often to keep from pounding a hole by hitting the same spot.

_________
SuperX
Old 02-27-2002, 08:24 AM

I've had two "Blocks". I primarily use them to shoot broadheds, though. I have been disappointed that the broadhead blades tend to slice small slivers of the foam layers and they come out with your arrows. I have movable spots that I place in different areas but it ends up that if I shoot 10 or 15 arrows at the same spot small pieces of the foam layers slice out leaving a weak spot. The problems is that I haven't found a better alternative for a broadhead targets. I can get about 1-1/2 seasons out of my block (the smaller size one) and that's about it.

Quick Reply: the CUBE VS BLOCK anyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.