Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 If you could change anything on....... >

If you could change anything on.......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

If you could change anything on.......

Old 08-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default If you could change anything on.......

If you were granted one wish by your favorite accessories company to change anything about that product...what would it be and why?

Not bows! Just accessories like rests , releases , sights , arrows , etc. etc.

Mine would be to increase the overall diameter of the whisker biscuit by a 1/2" or so.
Some may disagree but I feel the WB is even more critical to spine than conventional shoot thru rests. From my experiences with biscuit users and poorly-tuned/un-tuned bows the majority of fletching/vane damage comes from unproper spined arrows. 90% of the time when I run across fletching/vane damage from the biscuit it's due to the outer biscuit ring , not the bristles , hence the black scuff marks left on vanes. I believe a larger diameter biscuit would be more forgiving to spine and torque issues and would ruin less fletchings/vanes for those who know nothing about the technical side of archery.
I used GoldTip XT's with my last three bows using a NAP Quicktune , BoDoodle Prolite , and Lizard Toungue rests with all arrows cut at 29". When I put the WB on I either had to turn down the poundage by at least 5-7 pounds or switch to my Beman ICS Hunter 340's to get a perfect tune.
You have to admit the diameter of the biscuit doesn't leave much room for error.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:10 AM

Default RE: If you could change anything on.......

I think the question should be "What would you change and why?"

I have a NAP QuickTune 2000 Dropaway and I really like it, but I think that if they used a rope instead of a cable it would drop away a little faster than it does now.

Or I would say that Alpine should work on their Bear Claw 5 Arrow quiver. It's a nice quiver, but it doesn't fit snug into the mounting bracket like it should.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the question should be "What would you change and why?"
O.K. I'll play along.

Above post edited.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

I'd design a sight bracket that pulls my Copper John in as close as possible to the bow for hunting season. I like the compactness of such a design.

As it is, I've got an extra bracket on order that I intend to cut and maybe drill to do just that. I wonder if I could get them to send me a machined dovetail clamp on an otherwise uncut piece of aluminum. I could cut and file it however I want................hmmmmm.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:58 AM

Straighter/truer spinning Axis arrows........that stayed that way over time !!

The perfect hunting arrow for me !!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:54 AM

My quiver would change into a beautiful woman when hunting is slow, hell, even when its not

Old 08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmmm......

{Brief description}
Old PSE Edge Series 1000C, dual cam synergy round wheel, 41" ATA bow.
65# draw weight, 30" draw, 65% letoff.
TM Hunter rest.
Shurz-a-peep.
Tru-fire Magnum wrist release (no need for string loop).
Arrows: Easton XX75 Camo Hunters, #2315, 30.5" and 125gr tips.
Click here to see my bow

What would I like to change? Nothing really. This old bow is so comfortable and reliable for me. It ain't the fastest thing out there, but it is deadly accurate and quiet. I guess if I could think of anything, perhaps I'd like to try carbon arrows, but don't know how my bow would handle them.

Butch A.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing. If I thought anything needed to be changed or if I had a desire to change it then I would.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

O.K. Then why respond to this thread?[&:]
Old 08-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would add micro adjust hash marks to my copper johns sights dove tails. It would make it easier to fine tune it.

Quick Reply: If you could change anything on.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.