Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Carbon express Terminator question >

Carbon express Terminator question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Carbon express Terminator question

Old 08-09-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Carbon express Terminator question

I really don't want to buy a dozen 'Terminator hunter select' arrows so Some guy told me that they sold them at Walmart. I called walmart and they said that they have "carbon express terminator hunter"...no select for a lot less. Is there a difference? I think that I've seen terminator hunter's w/out the select and they're shiny. it that the only difference or am I marching off th pop $85 this week?[:-]
Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Carbon express Terminator question

ORIGINAL: Rusty Shackleford

I really don't want to buy a dozen 'Terminator hunter select' arrows so Some guy told me that they sold them at Walmart. I called walmart and they said that they have "carbon express terminator hunter"...no select for a lot less. Is there a difference? I think that I've seen terminator hunter's w/out the select and they're shiny. it that the only difference or am I marching off th pop $85 this week?[:-]
If you don't want to buy the Selects, be prepared to have some wobbly arrows.

The Selects are straighter, and weight tolernaces are tighter.

You can go to www.mtnarchery.com and order Terminator Selects (either black or camo) as bare shafts or fletched/cut/insterts installed for much less than $85.00.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suggest the selects as well. In fact my recent experience with a dozen of them was very positive, so much so I am considering trying them for myself.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:33 PM

Well I guess I'm doin it. You guys wouldn't happen to know someplace that will sell a half dozen do you. I'm kinda tapped right now[:@]
Old 08-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Gander Mountain or Fleet Farm should have them in six packs.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:02 PM

I bought a half doz. terminator hunters from gander mountain. Prefletched cut with inserts for $40. I wanted to try carbons after being a die hard aluminum man. Needless to say I feel i wasted $40. I wish I would have waited and orderd the selects or the ones I really wanted to try BlackHawk Vapors V-Maxx. So now I have a low opinion of carbons.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Timbow, I switched to carbons after I got tired of having to buy new aluminum shafts from them hitting each other and getting dented in the target when I shot for groups.

I always bought carbons with at least .003" straightness and everyone always told me that for hunting I would never notice the difference with the cheaper .006 shafts. Well they were horribly wrong. I will never buy another carbon shaft that is less than .003" straight and within a grain or two in weight in a dozen. Just like you I wasted my money on the lesser grade carbons. Try the terminator selects or the CX shafts. I am completely satisfied with these shafts. IMO they are two of the best shafts on the market today.

Check out E-bay for some of these arrows. They usually have great deals on shafts and arrows. Also check out keystonecountrystore.com
Old 08-13-2004, 09:25 AM

I would venture to guess it had nothing to do with the straightness that mad them fly bad. It probably had more to do with inconsistant spine issue. Or you had some that were no where near .006 staightness. It's a problem with cheaper carbon arrows from what I understand. I my self have never really had that problem, but you hear it alot. I personally wouldn't shoot goldtips if someone gave them to me. I hear more bad stuff about them than any other arrow made. They do sell alot of them however, and the more product you have out, the more complaints you will get about them.

I don't order arrows of the internet either. I either get them from a shop or at cabela's.

And as far as messing aluminums up when shooting them, I have never done anything to an aluminum that wouldnt' have messed up a carbon as well. What ever you did to crease or dent an aluminum would most likely damage a carbon as well. You just might not see it is all. They do resist bending more than aluminums however. Like if you step on one or drop something on one. Or have to fight with it to get it out of a target. I have yet to bend an aluminum arrow under normal circumstances. I have glanced them off things and done stupid stuff and bent or messed them up, but had I done the same thing with a carbon it would have snaped into pieces. Carbons are not indistructable. I have several of them someone can look at if the want to. They break to if you hit them with another arrow.

Paul
Old 08-13-2004, 09:45 AM

I agree with the issue of toughness. They will break if you hit them and you have to check for splits often. YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO SHOOT ONE WITH A VERTICAL SPLIT! They will take some rough treatment and are either straight or broken. I shoot the Carbon Express CX which are plus or minus .003 . I shot the Epics by Easton for a couple of years and never found one that was over .004 run out. They are a little fragile but a good option for someone needing a thrifty alternative. Don
Old 08-13-2004, 04:33 PM

I don't know if its a staightness issue or a spine may be both. I do shoot with a finger release so I am thinking the spine issue makes sense. but come on $80 a doz. I do expect better. And man what pain to pull out of a 3-D target and they are a tad louder when in my quiver and when shot. If durability is the only reason to shoot carbons. then that is not a good enough reason. I can say i will probablly order some more XX78s. .0015 staightness and les than 1% weight differance for $ 56 a doz. I don't want to be wasting any more money on what works for some one else. as far as my Korean made terminators I don't know what to do with them. And I agree with paul usually when I bend an aluminum is something stupid. Oh and on a light note. I am impressed that CXs can with stand a brick wall. Because thats about all I could hit with one.

Quick Reply: Carbon express Terminator question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.