Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop away rest vs. Wisker bisket??? >

Drop away rest vs. Wisker bisket???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away rest vs. Wisker bisket???

Old 08-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drop away rest vs. Wisker bisket???

I am shooting through a wisker bisket rest. I am shooting pretty good groups with it. The only thing I do not like about it is its hard on flecthings. I have the old model not the drop tine. I am shooting Easton AXIS 340 arrows. I like the arrows but the fletching get bent up with just a few shots out of the W.B.
My local pro is shooting the exact same bow. He is trying to talk me into a ripcord fall away rest? I like his rest but I am not sure if I would gain enough or anything if I switched???
What would you guys & gals do?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drop away rest vs. Wisker bisket???

Update your whisker biscuit rest to the deluxe with the b2 biscuit and you'll be amazed at the difference. The difference is like night and day.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

JMO but given a choice between releasing an arrow and having NOTHING touch it until the target or releasing an arrow and having the fletching get smacked right out of the bow??? No contest. Use the drop away. I just can't let anything touch my arrow until it hits the target.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:41 PM

Trim you WB, do a search for these rests, someone should tell how to do it. I don't think drop aways solve as many problems as what people are led to believe. That being said I shoot a drop zone on my bowtech and muzzy on my darton. But I know plenty of people using the WB and love them. They are a pretty good rest for hunting, especially ground stalking.

If you are having excessive fletching wear with this rest you may want to check the rest set up and tune as well. If you are shooting nock high or your center shot is off the fletchings will rub the rest more than they need to and it will tear them up faster. That's what I've heard anyway. I have never used one, but it makes sense.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 08-05-2004, 10:19 PM

Tuning time & arrow options, especially if you have several bows, should be one ingredient to look for in a rest.

Some find the fall-away very fast to tune as myself & there appears to be more arrow options & arrow set-ups that work well with them.

On a post a few days ago one said it appears several spines could be tuned with them?

But in my experience they need to be set to drop before the acceleration pressure on the bowstring comes to an end, 8-10” of the power stroke, depending on draw length.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:29 AM

Update your rest with the Replacement for the B2 Biscuit (Brown/Black). You will really be surprised by the difference
Old 08-06-2004, 06:03 AM

Although the new B2 biscuit works great, I had no problems with the old one. With the old one, I trimmed a few layers of bristles off the back (part facing archer). I then made sure I was shooting some durable vanes, like Bohning, that were properly glued. I could shoot these arrows all year without damage (if I didn't screw them up in other ways). At least the damage did not come from the biscuit. On the old biscuit, I also recommend taking it out of the slot and cutting a notch for easy arrow loading. There is already a cut in the bottom of the biscuit ring, so just snip a 1/2" section and spin to 10 o'clock when putting it back in the slot.

No need to change rests if you really want to enjoy the other advantages of full containment rest. This rest simply excels at keeping your arrow in shooting position, no matter if you're stalking or in a stand with the bow on your lap.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a proponent for basic simplicity in a hunting rig. The simpler it is, the less that can go wrong with it. You can't get much simpler than the biskit.

I'd definitely trash the old style biskit and update it with the new sideloader type. That sideloader design eliminated my second biggest objection to the WB. First biggest is still the 100% guaranteed fletching contact, but that's far easier to accept than the possibility of a rest malfunction during the shot of a lifetime.

Dropaways.... I MIGHT consider one for a dedicated 3D bow. No way I'd put one on a hunting bow.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

I put a small dub of glue on the leading edge of the fletching. That elimates fletching the damage.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a drop away, i was thinking of a whisker but a fella told me after awhile that circle becomes an oval, from shootin it so much and messes up everything after that.

Quick Reply: Drop away rest vs. Wisker bisket???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.