Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rocky Mt. Snyper question.... >

Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Old 07-23-2004, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

I think I'm going to give the Snyper a try this season. I bought a pack of them and really like the design. Should be a very good penetrating head. So I hope...

I'll be shooting a Hoyt Xtec set at 65lbs with a 28" draw. My arrows will be 27" Gold Tip 5575's with the 100Gr. Snyper.

Someone put my mind at ease here. Is my setup going to be good enough for these heads? Or, should I just forget about it and go back to my Muzzy's?
Old 07-23-2004, 07:27 AM

Default RE: Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Chris what speed are you shooting those new arrows at? That xtec should be flingin them pretty good? My guess would be that you should be just fine, but to be sure I would find out your FPS and then figure out your KE, to get a difinitive answer. I love the snypers, I'm sure you will too, Not quite the bonebusters that Muzzy's are but a great head overall.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:10 AM

I woudl say your in very good shape with the Snypers. For deer size game you should be good to go!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:35 AM

You should be smokin' em with the Snypers and your set-up. I tried them for the first time last fall and they are awesome. I use Muzzy's too and they're both great heads!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly don't know what I'm shooting out of this bow. I don't think its overly fast or overly slow with my specs. I never did get real high speeds out of my setups based on my draw length, poundage. If I had to guess, probably in the 260 ish range.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me the question I would ask is "what advantage(s) do I get by switching?"

IMO, the answer would be none, considering a Muzzy is a great head (that you have had success with), and it can do everything a Snyper can PLUS has the ability to peform better on a not so great shot (bone). That's how I would make my decision.

Not to mention that you would also lose about 820 posts because you'd have to be Snyperman88 then
Old 07-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i used them last year, and wasnt impressed with the rubber band thang, i like the spit fire's no rubber bands.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

WV Hunter, I just wanted to go a different route this year for a change really. One thing that was brought up on another board a while back was the fact that expandables arent as critical of form errors. This would be especially critical in a treestand. Never thought of it that way.

In any regards, I just simply wanted to try something new this season. If they act up, I'll be back to my Muzzy's.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shooting a very similar set up and same arrows of similar length and have been testing the blades on a few various items. The blades open easily, even on quartering angles and seem to have a large enough cutting diameter. They also penetrate very well, so I'm pleased enough to try them this season. Many people have had success with them and best of all, they fly as true as any mechanical I've seen. I'm using the 125 gr this season and can't wait for opening day.

5 Shot at www.broadheadtests.com has a lot of good info on this head. Good luck.

Kelly
Old 07-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya MM. I've heard alot of good things about the snypers, and actually a good bit bad as well. I guess it's up to you. Personally if I was gonna switch to a mech head over the Muzzy...I'd go with these:

Quick Reply: Rocky Mt. Snyper question....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.