Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fletcher release triggers? >

Fletcher release triggers?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletcher release triggers?

Old 07-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fletcher release triggers?

How are they?

I'm looking at the Jim Dandy momentarily...
Old 07-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletcher release triggers?

No one?

Come on, I got things to consider here, and need info.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

RB,

I used a Fletchhunter for a few years, still have it I believe. Very good release in it's day, and still nicer than alot of other mid-priced offerings today. Has the travel you are looking for, but the trigger is very far behind the head. Smooth shooting release..PITA to use with a loop unless it's a very big loop, IME.

I don't have any personal experience with the new JD series, but I've heard from Len there is an issue with the hook model with the string slipping off or the release going off by itself. So I would look into the closed head jaw IIWY.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking at the JD, due to the proximity of the trigger to the bowstring at full draw.

I've got my mongoose set about perfect right now, really loving the trigger, even though there's not much travel, the way I'm engaging it is doing wonders for my consistency.

If I can get good trigger action from the JD, it looks like I can gain a solid 1"+ of draw length, giving me more energy at the lower poundage. I recently installed a 27" module, actual is about 27.75", and it's about perfect. However, I gave up 10 fps when doing so, and 4'#s of ke. Not alot, but I was already at the lower end of my comfort scale for the 1.5" cut rocket's I plan to shoot.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 AM

I have had a fletch hunter for years and always thought it was a great release. I could shoot good groups and kill deer, I was happy. Then in may I got a truball tornado and shot that for a few weeks. I love the tornado but my dad needed a release and since I'm trying to get him into bow hunting I gave it to him for Fathers day. When I switched back to the fletcher I developed a terrible case of target panic. The release wasn't nearly as smooth and I found myself punching the trigger. It was bad! I missed the target completely at 25 yards. I had a pair of old cobra releases I got off ebay and had to shoot them until I could replace the truball.

When I didn't know better I loved the release. Now I don't think I'd even shoot it as a back up.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you shooting without a loop RB?

If you are not using a loop, I'd grab the Rhino or S&S and go with a loop, and then crank your poundage back up some...the bow should feel easier to draw with the drop in mod size and getting close to your perfect draw length, plus you'll have the benefits of a loop.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been shooting off the string with the mongoose and Truball speed nockset. Getting excellent results out to 30 yards.

Have a gatorjaw on a scott molded hand grip that I used last year. While I LOVE the concept, benefits of a loop, etc, the release head is too long, and I actually lose an 1" over the mongoose with it.

Heck, I'm even considering just using the Winn, no matter what you might say

If I went loop with the rhino or other similar release, I wouldn't gain nor lose any draw length over the mongoose. Only with a head like the JD. I've shot with and without a loop, and must not be good enough to see it's overwhelming benefits. I shoot just about identical either way. Might as well get the additional powerstroke.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:34 AM

If I went loop with the rhino or other similar release, I wouldn't gain nor lose any draw length over the mongoose.
I noticed yesterday that the trigger on the new Rhino is quite a bit further up toward the jaw than the other Scott releases (such as your mongoose). I wonder if it's enough difference to allow you to add a loop and keep the same draw length?

Mongoose

Old 07-21-2004, 06:35 AM

Rhino

Old 07-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It'd be darn close. That's one thing I considered, but like I said, at this point I'd rather shoot off the string with a trigger forward design like the JD has and get the additional 1" powerstroke. An easy 10 more fps at the same low poundage, even more if I grab my manhoods and decide to shoot at 70# again

In a perfect world, there would be a way I could get the JD or similar release head to attach to my Scott molded handgrip so I could get the additional powerstroke as well as leave the release hooked up and ready to go, hands free.

The search continues, and everyone feel free to join in

Quick Reply: Fletcher release triggers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.