Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away REST

Old 07-18-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Drop away REST

guys i have a muzzy drop away. i have another bow that i am setting up. which drop rest rates the best???

thanks
Old 07-18-2004, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Drop away REST

which drop rest rates the best???
You will get as many answers on that as there are rests! Really it comes down to what YOU are most comfortable with. What is most important for your setup? Total containment? Quieteness? Weight? Fletching clearance? I think the MZE would be an excellent choice, but there are a bunch of other good ones as well. Dropzone, quicktune, trophy taker, whisker biscuit (QS), etc., etc. Good luck deciding!
Old 07-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned above, the MZE seems to be a very good rest. The two most popular seem to be the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and the Trophy Taker. Excellent rests indeed. I choose the TR DZ as THE rest for my favorite rig. As a matter of fact, now all my rigs are wearing DZ's. Just an excellent design, a rugged, quiet, super forgiving and deadly accuarte rest. I used one all last huting season and couldn't possibly have been more impressed. I hunted with the DZ in every weather condition the Midwest could trhow at me and the one thing I feel that I never had to worry about was my rest choice. An excellent product. Do a "search" on this forum and others and see the rave reviews of this rest. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 07-18-2004, 06:59 PM

you will almost always find two names mentioned as the best. They are the Trophy Taker & the Trophy Ridge Dropzone. The Muzzy would more than likely be in the top 3 or 4 as well.

All are great products. My two choices are always the Trophy Taker & the DropeZone!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Muzzy on my new bow and I'd not think twice about using it on any set-up ,I've also used the Trophy Taker rest as well and I'd use it again as well.

nubo
Old 07-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Ultra Rest by Qualtity Archery Designs. I like mine a lot and I know some other members on here (I think JeffB) said it is the best rest they have tested.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Just installed my first dropaway rest this evening.......the QAD Ultrarest. I like the way it holds the arrow, there is no way the arrow can fall off the rest even holding it upside down. Having said that, until I start to tune my bow and see how it performs, I won't tout it just yet. I do know one thing for sure, the cable clamp supplied is only on temporarily. The cord WILL be served onto the buss cable tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

they are all decent but im really happy with my trophy taker.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:23 PM

thanks guys....great responses..u guys are the best and that keeps this forum going..thanks again
Old 07-18-2004, 11:52 PM

Lemond--- I checked them all out for about 3 months, and 3 weeks ago decided on the RIPCORD,many people have not seen or heard
of it but defenatly give it a look. has some great features like if ur stalking you can lock it in the up posistion,and when you draw it back
your arrow is not going anywhere... good luck i know its a tough decision glad mine is over

Quick Reply: Drop away REST

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.