Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rest suggestions for Mathews LX >

Rest suggestions for Mathews LX

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rest suggestions for Mathews LX

Old 07-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rest suggestions for Mathews LX

I was wondering what rest you all are using on your LX? I would like to stay with a standard shoot through style rest. Also does the rest you will suggest mount up solid and stay put since the LX only has one mounting hole? GIve me some suggestions. Thanks and good Shooting. Bhunter32.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:24 PM

Default RE: Rest suggestions for Mathews LX

I know you wanted to stay with a shoot through, but I put a trophy taker shakey hunter on my LX and love it. It was simple to install and is rock-solid. Once I got the cord length right I have not had to make any adjustments. The only other rest I shot was the whisker biscuit and it worked great, too. I only switched because I read good things about drop-aways (mostly on this site) and wanted to try one. I won't be going back to it, though.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:33 PM

Bow Doodle
Old 07-07-2004, 09:27 AM

Whisker Biscuit B2. Best of both worlds rock solid, no moving parts, no fletch interference, and total arrow containment.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:38 AM

I would like to stay with a standard shoot through style rest. Also does the rest you will suggest mount up solid and stay put since the LX only has one mounting hole?
The Mathews rest would work perfectly. Fits snug and solid. Its designed for the bow.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Rack Attack, I actually have the mathews rest on the bow now. The only problem I have had with it is that the top adjustment for left and right is so close to the roller guard bar that I had to cut a allen wrench in half in order for it to fit to make the adjustments. I was looking for something a little more user friendly. Thanks for the replies, and keep em' coming. Thanks. Bhunter32.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:40 PM

I have a Whisker Biscuit Drop Tine QS with a B2 biscuit. I love the thing. Never gotta worry about an arrow falling off. They even increase downrange penatration, read the article about it on [link]http://www.twangg.com[/link]. No moving parts on it to get screwed up. good price too.

slayer
Old 07-07-2004, 08:01 PM

I went with a Mirage Drop-away and am VERY happy. I did not even look at any traditional rests.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:57 PM

I would go with one of the following in no order. Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, Dropzone, Shaffer Mat-1, GKF Platnum Premier with horseshoe launchers.

All of those are great rests! Good luck, try several & you will find the right rest for you!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:35 AM

MZE or the T-R Drop-Zone..Bob

Quick Reply: Rest suggestions for Mathews LX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.