Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 07-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit?

If you are going the WB route then I would suggest, at a minimum that you opt for the quick load, new B2 biscuit or better when you make your purchase. The drop tine versions as well as the deluxe graduations are a nice addition and worth it for ease of tuning but you can probably get away with the base model for about $40 and really not suffer when it comes to setup or tuning.

Though I may take a bit of a beating for it, I would probably get a WB at this point before investing in another drop away. I just have not found one that really suits my tastes yet.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:51 PM

Most definitely get the Quick load model with the slot. I have not shot the new B2 bristles, but I have heard good things. I have been playing with the drop aways, but the biscuit works great.

Dan
Old 07-04-2004, 08:48 PM

I have the quick load modle. I now wish I had gotten the deluxe. I got the b-2 replacement biscuit when they came out. It works better than the black one hands down.The whisker biscuit is a great hunting rest and if anything ever hapens to mine I'll buy another one.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would definitely suggest the new brown and black B2 biscuit, and get the QS version as well. I acutally prefer the original mounting system to the Droptine. It is much easier to make rest height adjustments and adjust the angle of the biscuit to be parallel with the string. With the drop tine, all height adjustments must be made with the nocking point on the string. The Deluxe are probably the best, since you have both vertical and horizontal adjustment built into the rest. I guess the Droptine and Deluxe might be a little bit more rugged if your bow or rest is going to get bumped around alot.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:46 AM

I have the Droptine Qickshot model and love it as well. I did notice after shooting practice arrows awhile the vanes started to curl a little bit. Do the new whiskers help this problem? I have the original black ones now.
Once while hunting in the sleet/snow last year ice was building up on the whiskers don't no how much it would have effected a shot but I did notice that it MIGHT be a concern.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

if the carbon arrows you shoot have the same shaft diameter as an aluminuim arrow, then you should go with the aluminium. if they are regular carbons that are smaller than aluminium arrows in shaft diameter, then go with the carbon insert. if you shoot aluminium arrows get the aluminium insert

i have a new Quickshot Deluxe model with the B2. i have no fletching wrinkling or anything different from the prong style rest i had before the biscuit and have put over 100 shots through mine. [knock on wood] hopefully things stay the same.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:01 PM

You can shoot the carbon arrows of any size through the aluminum biscuit but you can't shoot the aluminum arrows off the carbon biscuit. If you are in doubt, if I were you I would opt for the aluminum. The only problem you might encounter would be if you had to cant your bow to make a shot the arrow would be slightly off center. I personally would not cant my bow to make a shot,I would wait for a better shot angle, but I know some hunters that do and even practice for that shot.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:57 PM

Definately get the brown and black B-2 biscuit, its worth the extra cash to have no speed loss and its gentler on the fletching.

Good luck hunting!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.